mtbr member

2011 Magura Louise bat

A guy I know is selling a set of almost new 2011 Magura Louise bat brakes. I have zero experience with Magura brakes. Any opinions good or bad would be much appreciated. They would go on a Stumpjumper EVO and be used for everything from XC to DH riding.

Magura N. America Svc Mgr
    Jun 2004
    The Louse brakes are some of the best we have made and should last you many years without issues.

Seriously!

Thanks for considering.
    Jude

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I used then for a couple of years before changing them out for the MT4s which modulate a little better but that's all IMO. The Louise are excellent brakes, powerful and easy to bleed. Why don't you Google for some reviews? Here is one but with the carbon levers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lesoudeur View Post
    I used then for a couple of years before changing them out for the MT4s which modulate a little better but that's all IMO. The Louise are excellent brakes, powerful and easy to bleed. Why don't you Google for some reviews? Here is one but with the carbon levers
    Thanks for the info. I did google them and have been reading a bunch of reviews, but asking here sometimes gets you extra bits of info you might not get otherwise.

mtbr member
    Ok I have decided to get the brakes. The next question is will an Avid adapter for a 7" rotor work with the Magura's or not?

mtbr member
    Avid's rotors are 185mm, I believe, and Magura is 180mm....so no, it's won't work.