Dude...

2010 Avid Cleansweep X Rotors

Has anyone been using these new rotors?

I have a love/hate relationship with my avid elixer brakes, and was wondering how these rotors compare to the G series.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I just got one, but haven't used it yet. The brake track looks idenitcal to the G3 rotor, so I wouldn't expect drastically differnet results.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Try with the Ashima Airotor. Lighter than the XX rotor and most likely cheaper too. The hope X2 pro rotors are also worth a look, and are more expensive and lighter again.

I'm assuming you've got noise issues?
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

Rollin 29s
    I agree with kdiddy. Braking surface pattern is the same as G3, so unless the spoke design changes does something to absorb vibration, the noise will likely continue.

I have 2010 G3s and have given up on them after only a few months of riding them.

I just put on new Alligator Serration rotors and organic pads tonight (which have been reported individually and in combination to solve the squeal/ vibration issues), but have not had a chance to try them out yet.
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

mtbr member
    Isnt the X rotor a floating rotor so should help in isolating vibration.
    Look pretty cool in aanycase but not available as seperately in the UK as far as searches go.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I just got the first ride on my XX rotor. It took me half the ride to break the pads into the new rotor, but once they were broken in, the rotor gave my no problems. I didn't get any noise, but time will tell if that lasts.

Rollin 29s
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiddy
    I just got the first ride on my XX rotor. It took me half the ride to break the pads into the new rotor, but once they were broken in, the rotor gave my no problems. I didn't get any noise, but time will tell if that lasts.
    My howl started after water got on the rotors (snow actually). I wonder if you got them wet how they would perform?
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65
    My howl started after water got on the rotors (snow actually). I wonder if you got them wet how they would perform?

almost all brakes howl wet, but they should return to normal after a few stops from getting wet. If it's a rainy day or losts of water around, just think of them as a bear bell. No bear, mountain lion, coyote, or person is going to come near you with those things howling!!!!
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.