banned

2010 32 TALAS 150 w/ Hope 2 Piece Rotors - Any Issues? (x-post from shocks)

I had to dremel off some of the paint and a little material on the PM of my 2009 36 TALAS and I wasn't very happy about doing it, just to get the 183mm 2 piece rotors to clear. Was curious if anyone is using this setup with success, or if the rubbing is still an issue. I don't want to drop another chunk of cash on a fork I am going to have to grind down to run my brakes!

edit: And I ned to know if it clears with hubs OTHER than Hope Pro2...I know the Hopes clear just fine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Yeah, I have a CK ISO front wheel and a 183mm Mono Mini two piece rotor that rubbed and the 200mm rotor too for that matter. Until the paint wore off the fork that is. My other wheel is a Hope Pro II like you mentioned and it clears just fine. I've actually bought Elixir CR's and the G2 rotors to get rid of my problem. I love Hopes and have ridden them for years but it's just gotten old always dealing with the issues that come with them. Maybe if I had the newer post mount X2's or something, but my old 04/05 Minis and M4's are getting sold. My CK wheels are less hassle to own so I'm keeping them and selling the Hopes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Oh, and mine is a 2008 TALAS 36 RC2 but I guess it doesn't matter. If you have the 32mm version and it's doing the same thing, it must be all the PM forks.