Thread: 2009 BB7s

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

2009 BB7s

I just ordered and received a set of 2009 BB7s from Chain Reaction Cycles. When I ordered them the description was "160mm front/rear". I'm used to BB7s coming either front or rear as the adapters are different. I told them to make sure I got one front one rear.

Well, they just arrived and sure as sh!t the boxes are labeled "front/rear" and each box contains BOTH adapters. I don't remember this being the case with some "2008" BB7s I got last year from a store in the US of A or earlier years. Is this a European spec or is this just how it is now no matter where you order them from? It makes sense, just never seen it before.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    this is "new for 09" for the Avids... they now ship with both IS adapters for front and rear

Team Captain
    Jan 2004
    At first I was glad they did this because it limited the SKU's available from 6 down to 3 (160mm, 180mm, 203mm). But now, after doing five custom builds for customers with these, I've got ten leftover redundant brake adapters. Anyone want some 160mm or 180mm front or rear adapters? Just pay shipping!