mtbr member
    May 2004

2008 XT servo wave disappointing

I don't get it. I was expecting these to be an improvement to my 4 year old Deore 555's, but no.

Is there something wrong here? I put in XTR M06 metal pads with the same size, new rotors. I've been on them for quite a few hours so they should be well broken in. I tried the free stoke all the way in and all the way out and really doesn't seem to make any difference. I just don't find them to be the least bit more powerful than the Deores. What's up?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by coolatt
    I don't get it. I was expecting these to be an improvement to my 4 year old Deore 555's, but no.

Is there something wrong here? I put in XTR M06 metal pads with the same size, new rotors. I've been on them for quite a few hours so they should be well broken in. I tried the free stoke all the way in and all the way out and really doesn't seem to make any difference. I just don't find them to be the least bit more powerful than the Deores. What's up?
    I got Xt Servo Wave brakes too ! I have resin pad (1500km on them and maybe 40% worn)

To me they didn't seemed any more powerfull then the deore (equal power). Otherwise they are much more easier to tune to your taste and have more modulation.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaclocker
    I got Xt Servo Wave brakes too ! I have resin pad (1500km on them and maybe 40% worn)

To me they didn't seemed any more powerfull then the deore. Otherwise they are much more easier to tune to your taste and have more modulation.
    I replaced the stock resin pad with the metal one after one ride. It did improve the power a bit but only up to par with the Deores