mtbr member

2004 magura louise fr

i can't seem to find any info on the 04 models. i am looking for an inexpensive set of hydro's to put on my bike (mech's now) until i get my new rig during the summer and saw a used pair of these. anyone got any advice?
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

banned
    my new big bike will have 200mm front, 180mm rear Louise FR. I am trying them on the recommendation of several people I spoke with who have used Magura brakes, primarily the Gustav DH and the Louise FR. all reports were very positive. most succinct description: the power of Hayes DH with the modulation of Hope Mono M4.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    my new big bike will have 200mm front, 180mm rear Louise FR. I am trying them on the recommendation of several people I spoke with who have used Magura brakes, primarily the Gustav DH and the Louise FR. all reports were very positive. most succinct description: the power of Hayes DH with the modulation of Hope Mono M4.
    Magura makes awesome brakes. The new models allow more fluid to flow, which in turn offers better power and cooling. I had an issue with the old ones leaking. But yea, very powerful brakes with great feel. I haven't tried their new levers, but the old ones felt kindof wimpy, but afternmarket levers solve that problem.

There's no app for this.

Good choice gonnzo...

I put the Gustav on both ends and the front is a bit, no, it's too powerful for norshore free-ride (for me, my opinion). At Whistler at speed, another story maybe but II wish I had ordered the Louise FR, they're getting lots off thumbs up here on the Vtach. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike

Bodhisattva
    Have owned both 1st gen & 2nd gen Louise FR. Aside from cosmetics & round v. wavy rotors, there is no real performance difference besdies the levers.
    The 1st gen lever is a bit flimsy in comparison to 2nd gen, although neither is great and is the weak link in an otherwise awesome brake IMO.
    Last edited by The Squeaky Wheel; 04-07-2005 at 10:41 AM.
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    I put the Gustav on both ends and the front is a bit, no, it's too powerful for norshore free-ride (for me, my opinion). At Whistler at speed, another story maybe but II wish I had ordered the Louise FR, they're getting lots off thumbs up here on the Vtach. Jim
    So far I am really really happy with the 210/190 Louise FR, what size rotors did you end up with Jim? I know when I had the 190/160 Gustav set on the front still could put me OTB, the 210 just feels better to me..... I have some extra rotors if you feel like trying one (if you don't have one already)... Hey I need to get you a set of pads huh?
    Pat T.

There's no app for this.

got a 210 in front

and 190 rear. I think I just need more saddle time Pat,, but dang that front is strong stuff.

Jim

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    and 190 rear. I think I just need more saddle time Pat,, but dang that front is strong stuff.

Jim
    I may trade out my Louise for the Gus's with the 210/190, just to see the difference..... I have enough girth to make them brakes beg for mercy

When ya comin on this side to ride next? My confidence is getting better after my bail on 7th, still having problems with skinnies though. I wanna see the V Tach in person.
    Pat T.