mtbr member
    Jun 2004

2002 Louise lever creeping

My Louise has been working really well on the front of my Trials bike for about 2 years. Recently, when the brake is held on, the lever has begun creeping slowly toward the grip. It takes about 30 seconds for the lever to move about three-fourths of the way to being against the grip. Of course, if I release the lever and pull it again, the lever resistance once again begins at its correct spot.

I have seen no sign of oil leakage.

The lever pull is not mushy or soft, and the brake still works fine. But this creep seems to be getting gradually worse.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is causing this lever creep?

Thanks,

-CliftN

Do It Yourself

Magura Tech Support

lonnie@magurausa.com
    (800) 448-3876

Bodhisattva
    Do the pads need replacing? That would be my first guess. If they are too worn down then air can enter the system in which case you need pads & a bleed. It's possible that the master piston is faulty but I'd check the other two items first.
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Do the pads need replacing? That would be my first guess. If they are too worn down then air can enter the system in which case you need pads & a bleed. It's possible that the master piston is faulty but I'd check the other two items first.
    Thanks for the reply !
    The pads are still OK. I've been riding slow Trials, so the pads don't get much wear.

-Clift

Bodhisattva
    Well, that's no way of figuring out if they're worn. They need to be measured.

You need to remove them then with a set of calipers & measure the width of the pad. I forget the replacement number but I bet you could get it on the Magura cult website or from Magura themselves.
    Life....the original terminal illness