I think we should go back
    Nov 2008

2 questions about my Juicy 7's

Hi,

Ok so:

1) My brakes have a bad vibration that sends chills down my spine and it's very loud when I brake hard. I took the pads out, cleaned the rotor with rubbing alcohol and put the pads on an old fry pan for about 10 minutes, then cleaned them with rubbing alcohol and sanded them down with fine grit paper, then cleaned them again with rubbing alcohol and when I put them in, the power sucked but I figured they needed to be broken in. So I took it to the top of a hill on the road and went down it pedalling while braking at the same time to try to get them broken in faster. I only did this once but have stopped a few times riding around and the pads still have a bad noise that may even be worse than it was before, coul;d it just be they aren't broken in yet or maybe I need new pads? also the front brake isn't strong enough to effeciently hold my pointer finger on the lever while I ride and brake like that. I have 8 inch rotors too.

2) When I went to put the pads back in, with the spreader clip attached to the pads as a whole unit, I couldn't for the life of me get it in, I will go try again but I just put them in with out it and the pads rattle around a bit but they stay in fine. Does anyone else notice it is hard to get it in?

mtbr member
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

I think we should go back
    Nov 2008
    Oh I am not the only one haha.

I got the spreader clip in so deisregard the second question. I think the pads need to flatten out a bit because only the centerof the pads has made contact so far when I looed at the pad. so I will wait and tell you if the probblem persists.