mtbr member
    Feb 2011

185 BB7 adaptor question

I just purchased from Jenson the 2010 185mm bb7 caliper/G2 rotor combo to use up front and the 160mm for the rear, my fork is a 74mm post mount type. I know these come with adaptors for i-s type mounts, i am going to need a ''post to post" 185 adaptor for the front, my question is, does the 2010 185mm caliper/rotor combo come with the right adaptor for my application or do I need to purchase a post to post 185mm adaptor separately?

og1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i wouldnt count on it coming with the right one, but you might get lucky. the adapter you need is 185mm front 74mm post 74mm caliper and can be found here for $11 http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...ils.php?id=178

the avid 185 adapter DOES come with bolts, but not CPS hardware. It is the only avid adapter that comes with bolts.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Anyone here recently purchase the 2010 BB7s? Care to chime in

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I bought the 203 version a few weeks ago and it came with three adapters: post mount and is for front, and one for rear (I got them from department of goods via amazon).

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucktown
    I just purchased from Jenson the 2010 185mm bb7 caliper/G2 rotor combo to use up front and the 160mm for the rear, my fork is a 74mm post mount type. I know these come with adaptors for i-s type mounts, i am going to need a ''post to post" 185 adaptor for the front, my question is, does the 2010 185mm caliper/rotor combo come with the right adaptor for my application or do I need to purchase a post to post 185mm adaptor separately?
    It should have the post mount bracket. Call Jenson and ask.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jacus
    I bought the 203 version a few weeks ago and it came with three adapters: post mount and is for front, and one for rear (I got them from department of goods via amazon).
    Ok great, looks like it should come with it, I had a hard time finding out if they for sure included the post mount ive been googling like crazy, calling Jenson was my next step.

I am so excited to get these brakes as they were one of the highest rated and most reviewed items I've ever shopped online for. I am upgrading from Tektro Novela discs.

~Disc~Golf~
    Yay - It's like Christmas!!

Now you gotta have FedEx Tracking bookmarked and check the status every 3 minutes
    Honestly... ahh I give up

I do what I want
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    Now you gotta have FedEx Tracking bookmarked and check the status every 3 minutes
    RIGHT!!! PHEEEW, I thought I was the only one!!!
    Guy.Ford

I'm not really an @sshole, I just act like one online.