mtbr member
    Nov 2006

145mm rotor with Avid BB5 mechanical calipers?

145mm rotor with Avid BB5 mechanical calipers? Is this possible? Don't know if the rotor is a Hope. New to disc brakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Quote Originally Posted by McDuhn
    145mm rotor with Avid BB5 mechanical calipers? Is this possible? Don't know if the rotor is a Hope. New to disc brakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    140mm will work if you use a front 160 Avid IS adapter on the rear.

If you want 145, you'll have to stick 2-3mm of spacers between the CPS hardware and the caliper.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

ballbuster

Part two is...

Quote Originally Posted by McDuhn
    Why would you want to? The only real reason for 140mm rotors is to save weight, which you are not going to do with an Avid Mechanical brake anyway. Avids are great brakes, but they are heavy.

Do you have clearance problems on your frame?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Yeah I just bought an older Catamount with disc mounts and the clearance in the back is an issue I think. Besides it comes with a 145mm rotor and adaptor.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    If you need an extra front Avid adapter, I'd got one here (adapter only, no CPS washers). PM me your mailing address if you want it.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I appreciate the offer, but I don't have a fork yet and I'm not sure what size I'm going to use on the front.