mtbr member
    May 2007

'08 Shimano 180mm xt CL Rotor?

I just bought the post mount adaptor for my shimano 180mm rotor and I have an issue. The fork I have is a 08 FOX talas 36. The adaptor I bought is shimano part SM-MA-F180P/P. This should be working. The problem is when I try to mount the caliper ('08 shimano xt) there are the two bolts under it from the adaptor mount. The top bolt has plenty of clearance from the caliper the bottom bolt does not. Meaning there is no way to screw in the bottom bolt of the caliper because the bottom bolt of the adaptor is to big and it hits the caliper. Called Shimano and they said they have not heard of the problem, but, it is the correct adaptor. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to show you because it is at my LBS. Has anyone had this problem or heard of this problem? It looks like the first production run was wrong and I bought one. But, can't understand that nobody has had this problem yet? Thanks for your help.

mtbr member
    Think I know what you mean, you just need to use a shorter bolt. Shimano has a number of different bolt lengths in that size. Have encountered same prob before myself.

mtbr member
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/I...Full/17301.jpg

If you go to the Chain reaction cycles website you will see they use 3 difft kinds of bolts. There is a little one pictured which I assume goes in the lower adaptor to fork hole. Hope this helps

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hey thanks mntkiwi. It looks like your right about the picture. So, I now am wondering why I did't get the shorter bolts with the adaptor. Any idea how I might go about getting those bolts? Shimano rep maybe?

mtbr member
    Yeah, the sinker bolt (or whatever you call it) should come standard you would think. Any shop that sells bolts etc should be able to find you something similar, LBS may have some around too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have the same fork, brake, rotor and adaptor. I just grabbed a couple bolts from the LBS and everything worked fine.