Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

'08 Shimano 180mm xt CL Rotor?

988 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Tricky17 
#1 ·
I just bought the post mount adaptor for my shimano 180mm rotor and I have an issue. The fork I have is a 08 FOX talas 36. The adaptor I bought is shimano part SM-MA-F180P/P. This should be working. The problem is when I try to mount the caliper ('08 shimano xt) there are the two bolts under it from the adaptor mount. The top bolt has plenty of clearance from the caliper the bottom bolt does not. Meaning there is no way to screw in the bottom bolt of the caliper because the bottom bolt of the adaptor is to big and it hits the caliper. Called Shimano and they said they have not heard of the problem, but, it is the correct adaptor. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to show you because it is at my LBS. Has anyone had this problem or heard of this problem? It looks like the first production run was wrong and I bought one. But, can't understand that nobody has had this problem yet? Thanks for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.