mtbr member
    May 2007

08 reign x1 stroker trail rotors.

What size rotors are supposed to come on a stroker trail? I thought they were 6in FR and RR, but my fronts seem to be 7 inch. I say "seem to be" becuase they are a bit bigger then 7. However, the rears are a bit bigger then 6 too. Are the rotor sizes (listed, in inches, such as 6 or 8") actually smaller then physical measurement?

Im trying to upgrade to a bigger front rotor, and my original plan was to get the 7 in front, and if that didnt solve my problems, i would get the 8 in the front, and keep the 6 in the rear, and then if i still wanted some more, i would put the 7 in the rear. (yeah, i know about needing different brackets for the rear) But now it kinda looks like i have a 7 in the front?

Anyone know whats going on? And on a side note, Does the Fox 36 Vanilla r need a 74mm post mount adapter, or the 51mm IS? It SEEMS like the 74, but I've seen that i need the "skewer type QR" when its a 20mm thru axle....

The White Jeff W
    I'm pretty sure they make them in 6" 7" & 8" so you may have a 7" up front. Not uncommon.

Mine has the 6" and they're a little bigger than 6 inches.

A quick google search shows this one with Avid Juicy's. 7" front, 6" back.

No moss...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Weird, that 08 matches my bike pretty well, except the crankset and brakes... and wheels... and saddle... and it doesn't have a chain guide... I think that might have been a "concept" spec list, as before Giant updated their site with the 09 stuff, it matched up. I checked last night, and it said the new 09 bikes have a 7 up front... so that's probably what I have.

Did you buy your bike new? (is it a reign x1?)

The White Jeff W
    I ride an Ibex Asta. I opened the thread because of the Stroker Trail brakes you mentioned in the title.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    8" rotor might help but your problem probably is with stroker trail. Get a better brake system.

Engineer The Future Now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jechiu
    8" rotor might help but your problem probably is with stroker trail. Get a better brake system.
    such as?
    holy...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I change mine to saint and it perform much much better. If you ride reign x aggressive on downhill, stroker is not going to make you happy