mtbr member

08 Marta SL lever goes to the bar

Ok, title says it all. I've bled my Martas, the shop bled them. They came to the conclusion that there is a seal on the lever area that is blown and parts are hard to come by. Been looking around and been unable to find a 'piston/lever rebuild kit'. or any soft parts for my lever. No external leakage, but no amount of bleeding gets the rear brake working.

Disgusted, I am having the shop install XT Trails (bike is a woman's small SW Safire so the lines need to be shortened and I am too frustrated to deal with it myself at this point). But I would like to get these brakes fixed if possible to use on my commuter, and if not it's no biggie I'll just get a set of SLXs. (I hope I would do better finding parts for Shimano, heck when I had Hayes on my Giant I found parts for those everywhere).

The shop mentioned that they've seen this before on the Martas, and have had trouble getting parts themselves. Anyone here had luck finding seals for Marta levers?
    Tzvia.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    magura have a 5 year leak proof warranty, if you're the original owner magura should fix this issue for you.

best.

ups and downs
    Had the same problem, took them to the LBS and a week or so later was handed a brand new Marta SL brake under warranty.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Im running Magura hydros. The most problem prone brakes I have ever used or heard of issues in the group I ride with. Avid, Hays, Shimano, Hope or flintstones seem more trouble free.