Everything-rider

Cool-blue Rhythm Why do you ride BMC?

In this thread I would like to see you sharing the story how and / or why you came to buy a BMC.

I will make the beginning: BMC bikes took me into their ban already when I was 12 or so and saw one for the first time. The more I got into riding on the road, the more I also loved their bikes. The design was amazing, the build quality very good and the ride is also amongst the best nowadays.
    But BMC has no dealers close to my place.

In May 2012 my old MTB broke very seriously and I decided to go with a new one. And all of the sudden I found a very good deal on a new frame. Now the frame is almost a finished bike and soon I will ride my dream. A BMC. Although I dreamed about their RM01 on the road, I am now happy, back to MTBing. And next summer I hope I can afford a GF01 Ultegra (I love to ride on rough roads as a road rider either, Paris - Roubaix style)

mtbr member
    I was looking for a good full suspension bike that climbed well and I could race, but also abuse on a daily basis. I rode a friend's BMC several times when visiting boulder and was impressed with its responsiveness and climbing ability. I went with a speedfox because I wanted a comfortable ride for longer days and races in technical terrain. I'm eyeing a Fourstroke 29er if and when I decide to drink the koolaid and cross over to the dark side.

bikerpilot
    Shop and BMC rep wanted to push the brand on the local scene so I've been riding one all year. Was a Specialized fanatic but I've fallen in love with my SF29. Had planned to get an Epic but now will probably be getting the new FS01 instead. Such a great bike, can't wait to ride the even better one!

Kinsler, I can't encourage you enough, the SF29/FS01 is an awesome bike. Fast and tons of fun.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member

Good job!

My 1st BMC just happened to slip into my hands by chance. I had already purchased and had a hard tail 29er frame ready to be built. After riding a ht 26er for over a year, I decided I needed something different, as I was getting pounded and beat up on that Cannondale ht. Anyway, I just happened to be grazing frames on Ebay and one caught my eye...an 08 Trailfox 01 frame....used and well loved. At that moment I knew I needed it and threw out an offer and got it! When it arrived it was definitely in need of some good ol tlc. So, I got busy tearing it down, had it powder-coated, replaced all the bearings, and began the rebuild process. Once I had it all back together and built to my specs, it was time for a test ride. 1st time swinging a leg over the top tube was unreal...the bike rode and out-handled anything I've ever been on...blew me away. Long story story short...I have already purchased another Trailfox 02 and will probably be getting yet another BMC down the road...they are that good!
    14 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    07 Rocky Mtn Solo
    00 GT Pro Performer

Rebuild it with RWC!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I was really a fan of Santa Cruz Tallboy however the price for a good kit was outrageous. I was able to get the BMC 29er with an XO kit for a better price. I think Santa Cruz is over priced at this point and feel the attention to detail BMC has is phenomenal such as running the rear shifter cable inside the frame. I also like having a bike which know one else has in my area.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Perfect in Long Climb

I've just bought SpeedFox SF02...No doubt...Easy to climb

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    lightweight

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    good in handling

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    no bobbing due to APS

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    luxury

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    ...and VALUE for MONEY

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    No doubt

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    longer wheelbase and then value.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Good Deal!

Got a good deal on an SF02! And also stuck on the brand now too!

Why do you ride BMC?-bmc-small.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I was looking for my first full suspension bike & found a 2009 FS02 on ebay at a great price. Liked that it had Fox suspension and full Shimano XT component group. Having a blast on this thing every weekend!

mtbr member
    Design caught my attention.
    ________
    12' BMC Fourstroke FS02 XT
    13' Epic S-Works XX1
    14' Epic S-Works WC XX1