mtbr member
    Sep 2008

trailfox sag question

just got my "new" bike from the shop and was wondering what my fellow '07 bmc trailfox 02 riders set their sag at with the ario 2.2. this is my first full suspension bike so any other tips or advise would be great. also i prob. weigh about 210 with my gear.

thanks!!

mtbr member
    The recommended sag is between 15 and 25% for the Ario. I've ran between 20-30% and found that with 30% i tend to have pedal strikes on rocks more often. 25% felt pretty plush going downhill, and reduced the odds of pedal strikes.

The manual says to add air equal to half your body weight, I liked the feel better when i dropped a couple psi from that baseline.

I would start with a sag somewhere in the recommended range, then play with the sag levels after a couple rides.

Also the stroke for the Ario is 50mm.
    "If I am cut, do I not bleed?" -Kane

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    thanks man, now i just need for my local trails to dry a little from the all day rain today...........

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Modena
    snip ...Also the stroke for the Ario is 50mm.
    So, is this how far the top part of the shock body travels on the shaft? Under full compression without feeling any bottoming out I'm getting the o-ring about 40mm down the shaft, and i'm only running like ~30 psi right now. Granted, i haven't taken any big hits with it or anything yet, but i have dropped it off some logs and stuff and it hasn't bottomed out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonism
    So, is this how far the top part of the shock body travels on the shaft? Under full compression without feeling any bottoming out I'm getting the o-ring about 40mm down the shaft, and i'm only running like ~30 psi right now. Granted, i haven't taken any big hits with it or anything yet, but i have dropped it off some logs and stuff and it hasn't bottomed out.
    Yep that's basically what stroke is - the amount of travel on a shock. Something to keep in mind is that the Ario's bottom out bumper gives the impression that you aren't using the entire stroke, when in reality you might be. This thread mentions the Ario's travel on the TF02
    "If I am cut, do I not bleed?" -Kane