mtbr member

Replace my '07 TF01 shock with an RP23?

So I have a 2007 BMC Trailfox 01, which has the DT Swiss SSD190L. Works pretty good as long as you stay seated. I notice prob. only a 3 mm movement on the shock when staying seated.
    But when I stand and mash, the DTSwiss shock starts to bob an insane amount. Can anyone help?
    little more info on the DT Swiss SSD190L: It has rebound setting and has a 2 posiition lever - "on" and "locked".

Would the RP23 with that Propedal option minimize the shock movement when I decide to stand and mash? From my understanding, the RP23 has a 3 position lever, and the 2nd position, the pro-pedal, is the one I'm hoping can help with pedal bob when I stand and mash. Just want some real world advice on the RP23 on a VPP or APS system..see if it's worth spending the ~$250 on the shock...

I think the newer TrailFox versions have the RP23 standard? How has that shocked helped out you guys when you need to stand and mash on the pedals?

I appreciate any help or insight anyone can offer. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I have the rp2 and its great love the propedal option you should be able to get the rp2 for less.
    When you stand and mash its almost locked out

mtbr member
    Awesome. So the only difference with the rp2 vs rp23 is 3 diff proposal settings ?

mtbr member
    on the 23 you can change the pro pedal Stiffness I think

mtbr member
    Thanks man - now I just gotta find one on the cheap.