Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 117
  1. #1
    I don't huck.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,530

    New 2013 BMC teamelite TE01 29

    Just got to touch this last night...riding it today. More here as time goes by

    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    111
    Any word on if this will be available as frame only?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    267
    sweet, let us know how she goes. I have an oppurtunity score a 2012 at a good deal. Not sure if I wanna pull the trigger, its the lower model of course, not what you got pimptastic!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uphillnogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    49
    I rode the new BMC at Sea Otter. The tube shapes are really interesting. The chain stays are massive. I liked the way the seat tube gets wider closer to the bottom. It was nicely specked too. Best part was chatting it up about the bike with some of the BMC race team guys as they were pre riding the race course on Thursday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 2013 BMC teamelite TE01 29-img_20120419_120646-800x598-.jpg  


  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    267
    sweetnes...where is that background, looks sweet! Especially for a 29er!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by uphillnogo View Post
    I rode the new BMC at Sea Otter. The tube shapes are really interesting. The chain stays are massive. I liked the way the seat tube gets wider closer to the bottom. It was nicely specked too. Best part was chatting it up about the bike with some of the BMC race team guys as they were pre riding the race course on Thursday.
    So talking about the bike was a better then riding it?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uphillnogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by everything motorcycl View Post
    sweetnes...where is that background, looks sweet! Especially for a 29er!
    It's the top of Guidotti Rd at Fort Ord

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uphillnogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by rideronthestorm View Post
    So talking about the bike was a better then riding it?

    Not better but more memorable that on two separate occasions BMC team riders noticed that I was on the same bike as theirs, slowed down as they were about to pass me, and commented on the bike. They were excited about the bike and shared that excitement. The younger of the two is on the BMC development team and finished 7th in his CAT 1 age group.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    267
    Did a google search, that appears to be in the Gods country around Monterey??? Amazing country. We go once in a while (from Miami) to watch the MotoGP races and love that area...sucks getting passed, but at least you got props for your ride.

    I'm a novice, well, intermediate, just started but considering age and experience I do well, but def a rookie. However, I know there are guys whopping me on their 29ers, I found the HT but I'm nervous to go to HT from FS....here's what I found, what do you think???
    BMC TEAM ELITE TE29 SRAM XO EASTON CARBON POST AND EA 70 WHEELS 29ER SIZE SMALL | eBay

    And this is what I ride now (pretty comfortable ride; I'm 44 yo, so like to sit my happyass on seat quite a bit)
    http://www.gtbicycles.com/2012/bikes...012-sensor-1-0

    2010 model which is very comprabile just maybe a few things here and there. Hate to try the switch and not like the bike, but seems like EVERYONE loves ther 29ers! Concerned on the HT though. I am not racing (yet), but still like to have nice toy that makes me happy!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uphillnogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by everything motorcycl View Post
    Did a google search, that appears to be in the Gods country around Monterey??? Amazing country. We go once in a while (from Miami) to watch the MotoGP races and love that area...sucks getting passed, but at least you got props for your ride.

    I'm a novice, well, intermediate, just started but considering age and experience I do well, but def a rookie. However, I know there are guys whopping me on their 29ers, I found the HT but I'm nervous to go to HT from FS....here's what I found, what do you think???
    BMC TEAM ELITE TE29 SRAM XO EASTON CARBON POST AND EA 70 WHEELS 29ER SIZE SMALL | eBay

    And this is what I ride now (pretty comfortable ride; I'm 44 yo, so like to sit my happyass on seat quite a bit)
    http://www.gtbicycles.com/2012/bikes...012-sensor-1-0

    2010 model which is very comprabile just maybe a few things here and there. Hate to try the switch and not like the bike, but seems like EVERYONE loves ther 29ers! Concerned on the HT though. I am not racing (yet), but still like to have nice toy that makes me happy!
    Hardtail 29er is best for the type of riding I do. XC not too technical and lots of fire roads. A hardtail is more efficient and lighter, but an aluminum one may beat you up a bit. That's why I like carbon. For around $3K you can get a brand new carbon Scott Scale 29er. The components won't be XO but still very good.

  11. #11
    IXC
    IXC is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    17
    Any word on when these will be on sale?

  12. #12
    Swiss Cycling Technology
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15
    They are scheduled to start hitting shops in the early part of June!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    75
    will this be accompanied by 2013 models of the full BMC line?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    These are in stores now!!!! XO build

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by agg1979 View Post
    These are in stores now!!!! XO build
    The Scotts or the BMC??? Just saw a sick ass Lefty Scalpel (cannondale).

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    The 2013 BMC TE01 29er Carbon just hit stores this past week....very limited quantities until the fall

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    267
    sweet. If I had to guess, I'll likely be buying the scott's fs. I'm 45 this year and want that lil extra cush for the tush! Probably a bit cheaper too. But now that I saw the cannondale at my lbs, may hold off. Thing is nasty. Lefty scalpel w cf frame. oooh so sweet 29er. Heck, I change my mind so frequent. Meanwhile, I snapped my chain 10 minutes into my ride today. Took me 45 min to get everything ready, 1 hour to get to bike park, and then that 10 minutes later. Wasn't pissed, just bummed at loss of time vs no workout.

    Man, the MTB has changed my physique totally, I"M HOOKED FOREVER!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    218
    Where are they for sale? Who's got the deals?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by WebInt View Post
    Where are they for sale? Who's got the deals?
    ****, nobody has money and ya can't find a $3k bike?!? Weird eh

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by everything motorcycl View Post
    ****, nobody has money and ya can't find a $3k bike?!? Weird eh
    Huh?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    67
    Mine is for sale, it's a large and I've made a few upgrades to it already. PM me if ur interested, I'll send pics.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    29
    In love with this bike/geometry. Thinking about getting the TE29 XO build.

    bigwhls how much are u selling your TE01 for?
    Last edited by NAKaveli; 08-01-2012 at 12:59 PM.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,728
    No real-world tests online, just a lot of pre-release info. Anyone have anything else? Competitive Cyclist does not have it on their site yet....

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    I saw one for sale in the shop the other day here in Delaware. Great bike!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    No real-world tests online, just a lot of pre-release info. Anyone have anything else? Competitive Cyclist does not have it on their site yet....
    Found this on the CC youtube channel

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •