Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    But do you know where to find a new derailleur hanger for the 2013's TE01?...I'm from Italy and my every BMC's dealer I've heard says that they don't haveany dereilleur because BMC has finished them...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    My dealer ordered hangers from BMC, with no problems.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
    My dealer ordered hangers from BMC, with no problems.
    how much time ago?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    In June, I get them in two weaks time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Finally I cleaned the dust from my camera, recharged battery, and made some photos.

New 2013 BMC teamelite TE01 29-imgp1273.jpg

New 2013 BMC teamelite TE01 29-imgp1274.jpg

Tire clearance on the left:
    New 2013 BMC teamelite TE01 29-imgp1280.jpg

Tire clearance on the right:
    New 2013 BMC teamelite TE01 29-imgp1281.jpg

I'm using Schvalbe Racing Ralph 2.25, tire clearance looks ok, on lover side, on the upper side the rim is around 2mm in left, I was measuring with two different wheelsets, on both was rim arround 2mm in left. Derralliour hanger is aligned with dropouts.
    New 2013 BMC teamelite TE01 29-imgp1276.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Well I hate to do this but it looks like my TE01 will be up for sale shortly. The bike is in excellent condition and comes with a killer build spec. Here are a few highlights -
    XX1
    Roval Wheels
    Carbon Bar/Post
    Ritchey Stem
    Specialized Fast trak tires (Basically new)
    Everything is about a half season old and has been maitained meticulously ..

PM Me for details if interested. Full ad will be up soon!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    What size, and where are the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by atekt View Post
    Well I hate to do this but it looks like my TE01 will be up for sale shortly. The bike is in excellent condition and comes with a killer build spec. Here are a few highlights -
    XX1
    Roval Wheels
    Carbon Bar/Post
    Ritchey Stem
    Specialized Fast trak tires (Basically new)
    Everything is about a half season old and has been maitained meticulously ..

PM Me for details if interested. Full ad will be up soon!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Size is a Large. I will get pics up tomorrow morning along with a full for sale ad. In the meantime, feel free to ask more questions!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Ad is up over at pinkbike. Here is a link - BMC TE01 29er - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'll take it! But, I have to grow about 4" or you will have to cut it down to my size (-: That is one SICK build. Good luck selling it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by everything motorcycl View Post
    I'll take it! But, I have to grow about 4" or you will have to cut it down to my size (-: That is one SICK build. Good luck selling it!
    lol bummer man! Wish it was your size.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    FYI. 32t is the largest ring you can run on XX1 right now on this bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by WebInt View Post
    FYI. 32t is the largest ring you can run on XX1 right now on this bike.
    I had a 34T lying around the house and wondered if it'd fit: ended up asking BMC on their Facebook page, and got a response from one of their Product Team members who confirmed that it can.
    But I can't see how to be honest. It's a damn tight fit for a 32T as it is...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    FYI, the 34T XX1 chainring DOES fit, but you had better be sure your frame was built perfect, the glued-on scuff plate is barely 1mm from the teeth.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Just got mine built up. Full XO, carbon enve bars, and carbon light bike rims with Hadley hubs. Love it. Love it. Love it. THIS is what my Niner Air 9 carbon should have been. Good riddance Niner.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Not even in the market for a bike. Got my ti 29er about 6months back and am happy with it but damn if this is the only carbon hardtail that has piqued my curiosity.
    Just curious with regards to the above comment. What was it about the Niner that you didn't like? The Air 9 is highly rated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    xmessenger, I also have a Titanium 29er. By far for me the best bike I have ever owned. It will go to the grave with me. I bought the Air nine after riding the TE01 on a demo. I really liked the feel and the ride quality. It was the dampened version of my Ti bike. As I said I love my Ti , was not looking to replace it but more just having another bike as a backup. I love BMC's geometry, it has always fit me right and felt as if the bike was built for me. When the TE01 came out they were EXPENSIVE, I liked it, but not that much. I previously rode the Air 9 and I liked it. It was not as good for me as my Ti bike, close but my Ti blew it away in every sense. I bought a Air 9 from CC, and built it up. It was not until owning it I realize things I hated about it. The shifting for example is terrible. The way it routes inside causes to much friction. I read every thread I could, and spent over a hundred bucks on sealed cables. Did it help? Yes but only slightly, it still was draggy. Never mind the fact you have to remove the cranks just to mess with the cables. I did that at my local shop about six times in the first week and half. I ended up having to run the shift cable on the outside just to be able to get the shifting reliable. Then I had the creaky bottom bracket that annoyed the crap out of me, part of the reason the cranks were out that half dozen times. I did get that corrected and I was happier. Flash forward 6 months, the Niner was OK, always felt a bit sluggish to me compared to my Ti, but for me I never got over the beginning annoyance of it. It did everything good, but not great. I would ride it and like It,
    then I would ride my Ti and once again I was disappointed with the Niner. Flash forward to a little over a year, I now have a TE01, for me a night and day difference in compliance, climbing, acceleration, comfort. This is the carbon version of my Titanium and I love it. But it still will not replace the Ti.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5