Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    They were very helpful and I give them two thumbs up. Funny thing, due to the safety laws in Switzerland, the bicycle arrived with two white spoke reflectors, six orange ones, a normal white reflector one, a headlight, a tail light, and a bell. I'm gonna look like a Christmas tree at night with those on.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gone_riding View Post
    They were very helpful and I give them two thumbs up. Funny thing, due to the safety laws in Switzerland, the bicycle arrived with two white spoke reflectors, six orange ones, a normal white reflector one, a headlight, a tail light, and a bell. I'm gonna look like a Christmas tree at night with those on.
    Sounds like the bike came packaged as it would have come from BMC to the store, right? Never built up in the shop?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'd 3m it up too, you did the entire bike??? Don't blame you, looking like I'm getting the 2012 scott 900 29er, fearing the chips dings etc. About $2,900 for a bicycle?!?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rideronthestorm View Post
    Sounds like the bike came packaged as it would have come from BMC to the store, right? Never built up in the shop?
    BMC sent it with headset and bottom bracket installed. Rear brake and front derailleur were installed All cables (minus front brake) and chain were already set up. Handlebar had everything clamped to it. I had to hunt down some clamps for the X9 shifters because I needed to loose the Avid Matchmaker clamps since I'm using XT brakes.. I also changed the saddle since I'm saddle sore prone (had to have surgery a couple of years ago because of a bad case) and needed something more forgiving than the Tundra 2.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I checked the prawls thinking it was lubed up too much because it was so quiet; unfortunately thats how silent it is, which i dont prefer either

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Well mine has been ordered. Very excited about this bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Mad keen for one of these, just need to figure out how to get one in Australia without playing the $6.5k that the only place advertising them wants...

Totally unreasonable give the 3.6k some US sellers have sold them for.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Has anyone looked up the bike on the BMC website? It's now properly listed (I hadn't looked in a couple of months) and comes with an XO/X9, XX, or XTR option. I guess they expect you to be stronger if you get the XX. The double chainring goes from 24/38 (X0) to 26/39 (XX). I'm glad I have the 24 for our mountains out here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

sweet bike

There's a size small on ebay right now. It's pretty sweet looking with the enve wheels and xtr upgrades.

High reserved, didn't win it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    For those that lucky enough to get one, if you don't mind sharing what you paid for them i would really appreciated, I am trying to decide between this bike and a niner air 9 carbon. Thanks guys and gals.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I got mine used, so i paid a bit less than the $5.5k price tag.

2nd ride on the TEO1 today in some xc trails, really impressed with the climbing this thing did; even got complements from two cx riders who watched and didnt think i would summit a couple ridiculously steep climbs (i like to think it was more my legs from frequenting Mt. Diablo on the roadie) = p

1st ride consisted of technical descents the FS guys love to ride; it handled well with homemade chain guides to keep the chain on the chainring the entire time. Have a MRP 1x currently on and a Bionicon chain guide on its way

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Very nice.

Can't seem to find a small, so prob gonna go with the air 9 rdo. We'll see.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by er2013 View Post
    High reserved, didn't win it.
    its back on ebay, sweet looking bike! I bet his reserve is pretty high though

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I wanted one but at the time (maybe a month ago) there were none available or they were at full msrp with a short wait. Now it seems availability is better and there are some sales. At $3300 or whatever bicycleindyoutfitters (apologies for butchering their name, they are a great company to deal with) would've snagged my money! Having said that....

I ended up buying a season-clearance 2012 Scott Scale Expert frame and putting a SID 29 RCT3 fork, Cheap Chinese Carbon 30mm wide rims, full XTR 2x10 and a Thomson Masterpiece 27.2 with a Wheels Mfg shim. I've never ridden the BMC but read about its suppleness; guess my Scott's SDS rear stays combined with the setback Thomson is good enough for me. I'm in it for a pretty darn cheap price, about $2400 thanks to eBay and Performance bicycle team member points.

But that BMC sure is gorgeous and rare!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    That bmc is sexy...reserved is probably higher than i'd want to pay. I did put in a bid for it the first time around and didn't win.

Now there's an 2011 S-work that's my size as well...geeezzz...they are killing me.

Both are out of my price range (well, what i want to pay)

s-works vs bmc, bmc vs. s-works, hmmmm

haven't gotten much work done lately.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hi, looking at this bike, checking their sizing online I am not sure what to get size wise, M or L, I am 5'11" with a 30.5 inseam, 32/33 sleeves, not sure what my torso is, wondering what size people my height are riding, M or L and how it fits
    thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I would go with M I'm 5'11" myself with 31.1 inseam- currently riding Orbea M with similar st and tt lengths.

btw one of our biggest LBS recently became BMC dealer and promises next month there will be TE01 29 demo bikes available. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it because on paper this one looks like perfect bike with perfect M size geo for me and those short chainstays. And they say this one will be available as frame set as well Will cost exactly as Scott RC frameset over here.
    Last edited by aspms; 09-28-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    Stumpjumper S-Works WC 29
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The frames are 2850.00, said one dealer!!!

banned
    I really like these bikes. At 5'10 Im not so sure I would like a 24.2" ETT on the medium. Anyone my heigth try a small by chance? Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Mojo Troll, I am 5'11" with 30.5 inseam and 32/33 sleeves, I rode a medium several times and it actually felt just a tad small for me so I would recommend you try medium before you even think about getting a small; they use a really short stem 70mm as part of their bike geometry and they recommend you make that work if possible instead of putting on a longer steam, hope that helps

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll View Post
    I really like these bikes. At 5'10 Im not so sure I would like a 24.2" ETT on the medium. Anyone my heigth try a small by chance? Thanks
    I'm 5'9" (I think I'm a 30.5" inseam) and glad I went with the medium vs the small. I was hesitant because of the ETT, but decided to go with the recommended sizing. Had I gone with a small I would have had to get a longer stem putting me more over the front wheel and thus changing the bike's handling.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    My TE01. Fun ride. Climbs great and it does roll over the rough stuff a lot better then my 26'er hardtail. Doesn't take off as fast, but the larger wheels do roll you along on the flats better. It's good stuff!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 2013 BMC teamelite TE01 29-20121111_133134.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    That is one beautiful bike, I love it!!! How do like the wheels?

mtbr member
    OHHH Dios mio!!

My TE01. Fun ride. Climbs great and it does roll over the rough stuff a lot better then my 26'er hardtail. Doesn't take off as fast, but the larger wheels do roll you along on the flats better. It's good stuff!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    That is one beautiful bike, I love it!!! How do like the wheels?
    Thanks. The wheels roll great, but not as stiff as I'd like. It's my first 29'er and the bike came with Easton EA70 XCT wheels, which I didn't ride on this bike and selling on ebay. So I'm comparing them to my 26'er industry nine enduro hubs with Arch rims. They're no way as stiff as those wheels. Maybe it's inherent of 29'er wheels to be a little "flexy" due to the size because when I pedal hard out of the saddle I can feel the wheels give a little. Also, the rear hub is loud. A lot louder then kings or crank brothers I've had in the past. A part from the stiffness, the wheels do roll well and have quick engagement with new rear hub design. Some folks who own the wheels say they've developed a little play in the hubs. I haven't experienced that with mine, hopefully I won't. If I were to go out and buy a new set of wheels again, I'd probably go with I9s or Kings.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast