Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 117
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Found that, CC does a good job hyping up every product they sell. At least they have a 60 day return policy if the frame or bike doesn't blow your socks off.

    Quote Originally Posted by rushtrack View Post

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,726

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    delete....it was the 26er.
    Last edited by westin; 08-01-2012 at 05:24 PM.

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,726

  5. #30
    bikerpilot
    Reputation: tootall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    551
    A couple of my teammates are riding the TE01 29er and absolutely loving it. Super light, super stiff and very fast. I can tell you that BMC certainly have the 29er geometry dialed, those bikes handle awesome.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Shopping around for a frame only was told by two large shops that contrary to what has been printed online BMC will not sell the frame only. And both shops said that's too bad because the oem build kit, while nice, is not up to snuff for riders who will be buying this level of bike.

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-FSR View Post
    A couple of my teammates are riding the TE01 29er and absolutely loving it. Super light, super stiff and very fast. I can tell you that BMC certainly have the 29er geometry dialed, those bikes handle awesome.
    Did they follow BMC's recommended sizing or did they size down? I'm 176 cm (5' 9") and they recommend I ride the 19" with a 24.2" effective top tube. That just seems big.
    Last edited by gone_riding; 08-11-2012 at 07:04 PM.

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    249
    Bicycle Outfitter Indy have a few of these on sale. It's not listed on their website but they sent out a BMC sales email a couple of weeks ago and it listed it one in each size. Since the price seems reasonable now for this component package I think I'll pull the trigger one.

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26
    Another review (or first impression): Ride Impressions: BMC TE01 29"er

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by rideronthestorm View Post
    Bicycle Outfitter Indy have a few of these on sale. It's not listed on their website but they sent out a BMC sales email a couple of weeks ago and it listed it one in each size. Since the price seems reasonable now for this component package I think I'll pull the trigger one.
    Thanks. Just ordered one. A store out here was supposed to get me one at cost but we found out yesterday that the Canadian distributor is not planning on bringing any BMC mountain bikes into the country, only road bikes.

    I decided to follow their strange sizing recommendation and ordered a medium since a couple of reviews said the sizing worked for them.

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    29
    I also have one coming my way, bought from a fellow rider on this forum; It arrives friday. Pics and first impression coming within the week!

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    By chance you buy that 1x10 Large?

    Quote Originally Posted by NAKaveli View Post
    I also have one coming my way, bought from a fellow rider on this forum; It arrives friday. Pics and first impression coming within the week!

  13. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by gone_riding View Post
    Thanks. Just ordered one. A store out here was supposed to get me one at cost but we found out yesterday that the Canadian distributor is not planning on bringing any BMC mountain bikes into the country, only road bikes.

    I decided to follow their strange sizing recommendation and ordered a medium since a couple of reviews said the sizing worked for them.
    I went with a size small. I'm 5'7.5 and normally ride a size M. How tall are you? From what I know about the geometry, the top tube length sounds about right for me. Wrenchscience.com have the bike on their website and it shows the geometry of the sizes.

  14. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    By chance you buy that 1x10 Large?
    yep, but it comes with all the original components and 2x10

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by rideronthestorm View Post
    I went with a size small. I'm 5'7.5 and normally ride a size M. How tall are you? From what I know about the geometry, the top tube length sounds about right for me. Wrenchscience.com have the bike on their website and it shows the geometry of the sizes.
    I'm 5'9" and would normally have gone with a small given the geometry (loooong top tube) with any other company, but BMC recommends that I go with a medium for my height. Don't forget to register it on the internet. BMC extends the warranty to 5 years if you do.

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    49
    I am looking for a small, im 5'5, anyone have one ? or know who has one? thanks

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by er2013 View Post
    I am looking for a small, im 5'5, anyone have one ? or know who has one? thanks
    Give Bicycleoutfittersindy.com a call (BMC Teamelite TE01 29 X.0/X.9 Team Red Small ). They had all three sizes in stock and on sale last week even though the web site said they were out of stock.

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    111
    That's a great deal! I wonder if they have a large

  19. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11
    Does anyone had just the frame on scale?

  20. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by er2013 View Post
    I am looking for a small, im 5'5, anyone have one ? or know who has one? thanks
    There's a size small on ebay right now. It's pretty sweet looking with the enve wheels and xtr upgrades.

  21. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    111
    For those who got them in this thread, how are you liking them?

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by atekt View Post
    For those who got them in this thread, how are you liking them?
    Got mine 2 days ago and still covering the frame with 3m protection tape that I got from the auto detailer. Yes I know, I'm being anal. But I did that with my HiFi Pro 4 seasons ago and it still looks great. Next up is switching the XO brakes with the XT brakes that I purchased (anybody want to buy an unused set of 2012 XO brakes?) and then I get to ride it. Did I mention I can't stand Avid brakes?

    I did get to ride on the rear Easton 70 wheel today since I'm having a new wheel built up for my HiFi Pro. It's weird having absolutely no sound from the hub when I'm freewheeling. My favourite hub (Chris King on my Moots YBB 26er) sounds like an angry swarm of bees and I like that sound.

  23. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    111
    Lol, trust me I'm anal that way as well!

    Where did you get the bike from?

  24. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26
    I ordered it from bicycleoutfittersindy.com because BMC mountain bikes aren't available in Canada.

  25. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    111
    Nice, how was it dealing with them?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •