Thread: My TF02

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

My TF02

So I thought I would post some pics of my bike. I have had it for almost a year and love it. Mods: Chromag Ranger 70mm stem, Easton Haven 711mm bars, ODI Rogue grips, WTB saddle and a KS i900r seatpost. At first I replaced the stem with an Easton Havoc 65mm 10 degree stem, it made the front end to light and it was difficult to keep the front wheel on the ground while climbing. The 70mm 0 degree Ranger and 711 bars are a great combo. The KS i900r is a great upgrade and well worth the money.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My TF02-dscf9628mtbr.jpg  

My TF02-cockpitmtbr.jpg  

My TF02-chromagmtbr.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Nice bike man. What wheelsl are you running. I cant tell from the pics.

You should post the pics in the roll call thread.

mtbr member
    Nice bike How do you like it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Wheels = Stock

Quote Originally Posted by yoohoo
    Nice bike man. What wheelsl are you running. I cant tell from the pics.

You should post the pics in the roll call thread.
    Thanks, I really like this bike. The only real limiting factor is me.

The wheels are nothing special, they came stock. Alex DP20 Disc rims laced to Shimano HB-M495A hubs. I plan on upgrading the fork and wheels this year but I have not made any decisions on them yet.

I have some pics of if it stock form from my trip to Tsali this summer but I will post these in the roll call thread as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Love it

Quote Originally Posted by jpeters
    Nice bike How do you like it?
    I love this bike. I have ridden and raced fully rigid, hard tails, and bikes from 100mm to 160 mm of travel, single and double crown and think that, for me, 120 mm is perfect. I like the rear suspension and the geometry of this bike. I don't need or want a FR bike any more or a AM bike that is closer to a FR bike. I wanted a trail bke that I could ride up and down, ride all day on a epic and race some endurance events on. This bike with the changes so far fits the bill for me. I would definately recommend it.
    Last edited by BikinCO; 01-23-2011 at 09:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I've got the same bike and really like it as well. I'm about to get my tax check and also want to upgrade the wheelset. Whacha thinking about going with?

mtbr member
    Here is my BMC its a 09 but still love it. I almost got that frame but they did not have it in my size

My TF02-cimg0728.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor1
    I've got the same bike and really like it as well. I'm about to get my tax check and also want to upgrade the wheelset. Whacha thinking about going with?

I just sold a set of crossmax I had on my Four Stroke and built a set of DT4.2 rims to Chris King hubs. They are awesome. The CM were nice but a hand built set is very nice. The CK engagement is incredible. I have not ridden the eastons or fulcrum mtn wheels. I have some fulcrum racing 1 on my roadie and they are nice and the bearings are super smooth. You can look around and find nice sets already built. Like Hope Pro2 or Hadley,Dt240, Stans has some super nice wheels as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just ordered a set of Havoc AM wheels and a new Fox 32 Float 150 FIT RLC 15QR fork. Should be here next week, can't wait. The Marz 44 TST2 really sucks.

mtbr member
    I have been riding the fulcrums rm5 for around 18 months and not even a little out of true for the price I love them. I ride hard 12 to 20 hrs a week. I had the alex en24 rims and deore hubs b4 the fulcrums and alex rims stink it was a great upgrade.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor1
    How much do you have to spend?

mtbr member
    lol just noticed you posted in January

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New Parts

Easton AM Havoc wheels, e*13 bashguard and a Fox Float 32 150 FIT RLC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My TF02-bmc-4_28_11.jpg  

My TF02-havoc-am.jpg  

My TF02-e13-bash.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hi I know its a little late but the bike looks good. I don't know why I did not get a update mail hmm. So I have a few questions isn't the fork a little long for that bike? I run 140mm on my tf03 and could not imagine running a 150mm. The crank how is it missing the big ring? I use my big ring pretty much all of the time and could not imagine loosing it.

I just want to give you a heads up as well I would be careful not do do a lot of big hits on that frame. I hit a 2ft drop and my frame bent the tf02 is more of a marathon bike not a AM bike I only say that because you kind of got is set up like you will be jumping it.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...60#post8228160

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeters View Post
    Hi I know its a little late but the bike looks good. I don't know why I did not get a update mail hmm. So I have a few questions isn't the fork a little long for that bike? I run 140mm on my tf03 and could not imagine running a 150mm. The crank how is it missing the big ring? I use my big ring pretty much all of the time and could not imagine loosing it.

I just want to give you a heads up as well I would be careful not do do a lot of big hits on that frame. I hit a 2ft drop and my frame bent the tf02 is more of a marathon bike not a AM bike I only say that because you kind of got is set up like you will be jumping it.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...60#post8228160
    Yep, it's a 150mm. But unlike the Marz that came stock, I can actually set some sag. With the sag set, the front end sit close to stock. It wanders a little on steep climbs but it does not bother me. And the 15mm TA along with the new wheels make for a much better ride. The Fox fork is a great addition IMO.

I replaced the big ring with a bash guard as I do not use it much and the added clearance is nice when riding over logs and rocks that we see on the east coast.

Sorry about your broken frame but I am not worried about mine breaking on a drop or jump. I have ridden mountain bikes for over 25 years and have jump and dropped much less capable bikes. I have already hit bigger jumps and drops than 2 feet on this bike. I have ridden and raced everything from BMX to fully rigid XC to full on DH. This is a very capable bike and I don't get caught up in the markerting jargon of Trail vs Marathon vs AM. Plus your TF03 was a totally different frame than my TF02.
    Last edited by BikinCO; 07-15-2011 at 05:29 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    nice.. ( when i wrote ten posts than i can show my BMC )
    i think about KS i900r or i950r in mines

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Very nice