mtbr member
    Oct 2010

More Speedfox on sale at Comp Cyclist

Hi all-

Just wanted to let people know that I found 2 more deals on their site for the Speedfox. SF01 build for $2800 Fox/Sram parts, and $2000 for SF02 build, SRAM/RockShox parts. For those with money to burn, I think the SF01 is a pretty good deal. The SF02 is OK...but my bechmark is my LBS had 2009 Fourstroke FS02 XT/Fox build for $2K last winter. There are still 2009 stock floating around albeit harder to find. If anyone knows of some, pass it my way!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Speedfox SF02 now on sale in Large and XL with a very nice buildkit (SRAM x9/x7) for $1599. It looks like the strav15 code works too. $1450 shipped! with a RP2 in the back.

Awesome deal. Trying so hard now to make up my mind.

They also have the two Ventana Frames in XL on sale for $699 ea...man, so many choices.
    Citius. Altius. Fortius.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by livinlite
    Speedfox SF02 now on sale in Large and XL with a very nice buildkit (SRAM x9/x7) for $1599. It looks like the strav15 code works too. $1450 shipped! with a RP2 in the back.

They also have the two Ventana Frames in XL on sale for $699 ea...man, so many choices.
    That codes works beautifully. My SF02 is on its way.
    Diamondback Mission 4
    Cannondale: Perp, SuperSix
    Tomac Buckshot SS
    BMC Speedfox

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Just ordered mine... can't wait. Will take pictures when it arrives.

Unfortunately they were out of the cheap wheelset. Anyone have any websites selling some decent wheels for cheap?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrish
    Just ordered mine... can't wait. Will take pictures when it arrives.

Unfortunately they were out of the cheap wheelset. Anyone have any websites selling some decent wheels for cheap?

Stans ZTR Flow set can be had for about $500 new. You can get some good deals on used as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Alright people, stop buying these. They are super backed up right now and I want mine. Once I've received my bike resume purchasing them.
    Diamondback Mission 4
    Tomac Buckshot SS
    BMC Speedfox

mtbr member
    May 2011

Help

Quote Originally Posted by livinlite

Sorry, rookie here. Just started looking at BMC, when I go to Comp Cycle I cant seem to get the SF 02 under 2500. Where am I going wrong or wrong site?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sanzalone
    Sorry, rookie here. Just started looking at BMC, when I go to Comp Cycle I cant seem to get the SF 02 under 2500. Where am I going wrong or wrong site?
    Check the sale page. However when I looked they had raised the price.
    Diamondback Mission 4
    Tomac Buckshot SS
    BMC Speedfox

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

My Baby is 3 weeks old

Ok a quick review, comparing it to my Anthem x Race machine. My build is Fox f120 rl Comp Cyclist have it for 375 with frame. I didn't buy the hole bike.

Crank brother cobalt wheels
    Raceface Deus crank and stem
    Easton Ec 90 H bar
    Thompson elite seatpost
    WTB Roker ti rails?
    XT Group
    It ends up at 26. 7 LB, not bad for a $ 1000 and a bunch of old parts . With strav 15.
    The build kit was from my spare-bike and old But good giant NRS.
    Outdated by the way, FSR was good....

OK impressions: Stiff as hell frame, the anthem x is stiff but it feels like a plastic thing now. But the anthem and it's superior build is 23.4 LB, so I can feel the heavier bike (BMC) on the ups. It pedals great, better than my friend S Camber, almost as good as the anthem X, the anthem have a aggressive persona but the BMC is more capable and it makes you think ¨I have an AM rig¨ but you don't. But don't have that seek and destroy thing that the anthem x have. But in end is a great bike, is fast, plush and agile, capable and most important fun... By the way I was counting grams and the bike could reach 24 maybe 23 if you put the money on it, for me is my training bike so the few + pounds are for extra workout. By the way another friend of mine have an old trailfox frame that he bought from jensen a few years back, its been bomb prove the guy is 250 lbs and ride hard.Cheers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Just got mine -- it is very nice!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Just ordered one of the SF01 ( ano black) frame only on sale from CompCyclist.

Plan is to build up with existing "garage inventory" parts as I tapped the piggy bank and searched the sofa seat cushions for coins to make the out of budget, impulsive purchase

The description calls for a 120 fork but was hoping to just use an existing Fox F32 100 RLC.

Primarily for use on fire roads, mild single track, no jumps or drops etc. Anyone using a 100 mm fork, under similar riding conditions without any issues?
    Last edited by enr1co; 05-22-2011 at 08:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Also bought the black frame. Will build it up with all the parts from my almost never used 26er hardtail (have a 29er ht). Very curious to see how i'll like it. Dont really need FS here but thought it woult be nicer than selling of all my 26er parts for cheap. Will run nit with a Fox F100 as well, but do plan on building a 650B wheel which should bring the front a bit more up. Hoping it comes soon

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

swap components from x to fox!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Myanthem View Post
    Ok a quick review, comparing it to my Anthem x Race machine. My build is Fox f120 rl Comp Cyclist have it for 375 with frame. I didn't buy the hole bike.

Crank brother cobalt wheels
    Raceface Deus crank and stem
    Easton Ec 90 H bar
    Thompson elite seatpost
    WTB Roker ti rails?
    XT Group
    It ends up at 26. 7 LB, not bad for a $ 1000 and a bunch of old parts . With strav 15.
    The build kit was from my spare-bike and old But good giant NRS.
    Outdated by the way, FSR was good....

OK impressions: Stiff as hell frame, the anthem x is stiff but it feels like a plastic thing now. But the anthem and it's superior build is 23.4 LB, so I can feel the heavier bike (BMC) on the ups. It pedals great, better than my friend S Camber, almost as good as the anthem X, the anthem have a aggressive persona but the BMC is more capable and it makes you think ¨I have an AM rig¨ but you don't. But don't have that seek and destroy thing that the anthem x have. But in end is a great bike, is fast, plush and agile, capable and most important fun... By the way I was counting grams and the bike could reach 24 maybe 23 if you put the money on it, for me is my training bike so the few + pounds are for extra workout. By the way another friend of mine have an old trailfox frame that he bought from jensen a few years back, its been bomb prove the guy is 250 lbs and ride hard.Cheers.
    I had the first anthem model. Giant forum talked about how great the anthem frame was, but the design was replaced shortly after its introduction, then they said this new frame was the "really"good one. I decided to not believe the comments anymore, ditched the anthem and got the BMC Trailfox.

The old anthem did not have enough suspension nor stiffness (the heavier trance does)

The Trailfox has been a much, much better bike. Dont know if their newer models (speedfox) carry as much quality as these first bmc bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

I know what you mean Pedro

Yes I use to have the first trance model and it was stiffer/stronger frame but also like 2 pounds heavier. The anthem x the newer version with 100 mm of travel is scary light and highly manipulated aluminum = piece of art , talking about travel yes the trance was plusher but not as controlled / efficient. When I was on those long steep climbs I had to use Pro pedal 3 setting on the trance. on the anthem I can use 2 or even 1 ( using full travel) maybe it is geometry, my actual shape or weight . Oh but about BMC´ś quality yes is up there with the best ( the suspension works and I don't plan to change the rp2) and the aluminum manipulation is even more than giant structural wise (Integrated skeleton concept) . I don't know about the alloy in tube sets maybe giant is better, ho knows? I was sacred about buying this frame but after many rides I am considering my next road bike to be a BMC, I wish f$k&@g !! bank account administrator, believe me I know quality ( I think), I use to have a specialized FSR from 2000, a K2 razorback sl the top of the line frame with carbon seat stays 2002 ( was a great bike, shame the drop the design) then the giant NRS 1 2003 or 04 , then the trance 2 2005, then the anthem x 2009 ( a keeper until I eat the frame ) and now.. speedfox Also a keeper.. By the way I just have 3 bikes, the roady and the 2 mtbs, my bank administrator won't allow one more

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Components swap from spare bike NRS

The components were a bunch of not so old parts that Ive been replacing ( upgrading ) from the anthem x over the last 1 or 2 years. If the components where the ones on the anthem x, the speed fox would be maybe 2 pound slimmer. again my goal were comfort on the training sections.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Ordered a small SF01 frame for my wife. It is probably a tad short for her, I think I would have wanted 23" ETT with 70mm stem and a straight post; but I would think with a setback seatpost, and maybe upping the stem to 90-100mm that would fit her well, and she would appreciate better standover.

Added Reba RL for $250. Should serve her well - or I will grab it and she will get Durin Marathon. At $850 shipped for frame, fork and headset, seems like a good deal.

Now.. the real problem is that I will have to paint the front triangle yellow. Yes.. I know. But she only likes yellow bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Anyone know where else i can find a small BMC Speedfox/trailfox??? CC only has Xsmall :/

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dparmar3 View Post
    Anyone know where else i can find a small BMC Speedfox/trailfox??? CC only has Xsmall :/
    I just bought the small one from them for my wife.. wondering if I want to build it up. She was unhappy with the black color.

If I decide to send it back I can ping you beforehand. It was for $599, which I think is a great deal for what it is.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dparmar3 View Post
    I've got a size S, brand new, still wrapped up, black color.

Had planned to build it up as a spare bike but hardly riding my primary bike these days

Let me know if you want it for $599 + shipping ( from CA)

e