swag ho Administrator

From Interbike 2010.

They're bringing in the Trailfox 02 to the US.

It looks pretty cool and is a good value at $2999 complete bike.

A couple of cool things we noticed are:

- rear suspension sag indicator meter built into the frame and rocker arm!

- internal rear stay cable routing.

fc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails From Interbike 2010.-cimg1745.jpg  

From Interbike 2010.-cimg1750.jpg  

From Interbike 2010.-cimg1747.jpg  

From Interbike 2010.-cimg1749.jpg  

From Interbike 2010.-cimg1751.jpg  

mtbr member
    Seem's to be a cool rig.
    And a good price.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW Freeride
    Seem's to be a cool rig.
    And a good price.
    Yep the price is key. In the past years, I saw some $5k and $7k price tags and it's just hard to build a following at those levels.

Mtbr will be getting a Trailfox 02 in two weeks. We'll get to try it on the local trails and we'll give y'all the dirt. I understand the head angle is now 68 degrees. Woot, woot... the euros are learning to chillax.

fc
    Last edited by francois; 09-29-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Too easily annoyed.
    Hey Francois,

Looking forward to your review. I have owned a 2009 Fourstroke, and the suspension was incredible. Made roots disappear. It was very stiff laterally, and you could stand and mash with no noticeable pedal induced shock movement. It almost defied logic.

My only dislikes were (1.) the longish chainstays made lifting the front wheel a little more difficult. (2.) relatively steep headtube angle. sounds like they may have addressed this. (3.) high standover and short top tube lengths.

The build quality of the frame was excellent though.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan1819
    Hey Francois,

Looking forward to your review. I have owned a 2009 Fourstroke, and the suspension was incredible. Made roots disappear. It was very stiff laterally, and you could stand and mash with no noticeable pedal induced shock movement. It almost defied logic.

My only dislikes were (1.) the longish chainstays made lifting the front wheel a little more difficult. (2.) relatively steep headtube angle. sounds like they may have addressed this. (3.) high standover and short top tube lengths.

The build quality of the frame was excellent though.
    Looks like we get the Fourstroke 01 first since Trailfox is not around yet. Yes, it seems like their head angles have been getting slacker over the years. And they dropped that rear triangle bar that was getting in the way of shorter chainstays.

Too easily annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Looks like we get the Fourstroke 01 first since Trailfox is not around yet. Yes, it seems like their head angles have been getting slacker over the years. And they dropped that rear triangle bar that was getting in the way of shorter chainstays.
    I think you are going to love the Fourstroke! Be prepared to take a little extra time getting it set up the way you want (mine took many rides before I could get everything dialed). Very interested in your thoughts on this one...

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan1819
    I think you are going to love the Fourstroke! Be prepared to take a little extra time getting it set up the way you want (mine took many rides before I could get everything dialed). Very interested in your thoughts on this one...
    Awesome to hear!

I've been riding a Scott Spark, Santa Cruz Tallboy and I'm getting a Mojo sl and a ton of other bikes to test this quarter. So I'm interested to see how this one compares.

I had a 2007 Superstroke 01 which had awesome quality but had geometry problems. I heard the new bikes have come a long way.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    The rear triangle bar has been moved to the non drive side. Kinda like on a Santa Cruz Blur.