mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Full suspension bike , BMC trailfox 01

Hi,

Anyone knows about this full suspension bike here ? The BMC trailfox 01.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/catego...ox-01-08-31640

I notice this bike has carbon rear triangle. Anyone here knows if the carbon part is pure carbon or if there is aluminum tubing/inserts below the carbon part for preventing carbon wear and tear and stronger rear triangle ? Is this a safe frame then ? I tried emailing BMC but receive no replies ...

Thanks !!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    anyone knows ?

The White Jeff W
    Can't say for sure but it's most likely a full carbon seat stay. Chainstay is aluminum

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    hmm .. if there is no alum insert, I wonder of this is a safe frame ... anyone here knows ?

low speed, high drag
    Jan 2008
    I have the 07 TFox with aluminum stays and I like it. Many other companies such as Yeti and Ibis(obviously) offer carbon stays so I can't see it being a real hazard unless you're an extremely heavy fellow hucking it...Did you find a deal on this frame or something? They don't make these anymore. The 09 trailfox is a completely new design...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I wouldn't worry about carbon seat stays. Carbon parts can be very strong and seat stays are certainly not the most heavily strained parts of a frame (and they build full carbon 160mm bikes these days). Furthermore BMC uses a DW-link like suspension design, which has a 'solid' rear triangle (i.e. no pivots in the rear triangle); this is one of the more stable designs in construction.

By the way, BMC frames are real works of art, I have an 09 TF01 and it rocks both aesthetically as well as on ride performance. But as stated the 09 TF01 is a complete redesign and does not really compare to the 07 one.