mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Breathed new life into Fourstroke

Thanks to jpeters' Trailfox's demise, My Fourstroke ('07) is now a TrailFox.
    When it was in it's former 4" travel setup, I never liked how the shock (Float R w/ low/low tune)responded. Even with the low velocity tune, the shock never reached it's full travel and would buck me when hitting dips. It felt just too firm.

Now in the 5" mode, the rear end stays glued to the trail and I'm using all the travel without bottoming out. Just sitting on the seat I can see the shock move smoothly to sag, whereas before, I felt like there was too much stiction.

If it wasn't for the steep HA, I would ride it more than my Mach5 (the reason I bought the Mach5 was due to wanting more travel and slacker HA). I did 11 miles the other day an I remember how much I would have to fight it from going OTB. But it corners great though.

Gotta post some pics later.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Thanks to jpeters' Trailfox's demise, My Fourstroke ('07) is now a TrailFox.
    When it was in it's former 4" travel setup, I never liked how the shock (Float R w/ low/low tune)responded. Even with the low velocity tune, the shock never reached it's full travel and would buck me when hitting dips. It felt just too firm.

Now in the 5" mode, the rear end stays glued to the trail and I'm using all the travel without bottoming out. Just sitting on the seat I can see the shock move smoothly to sag, whereas before, I felt like there was too much stiction.

If it wasn't for the steep HA, I would ride it more than my Mach5 (the reason I bought the Mach5 was due to wanting more travel and slacker HA). I did 11 miles the other day an I remember how much I would have to fight it from going OTB. But it corners great though.

Gotta post some pics later.
    Sounds like you need a new fork. I have the Marzocchi 44 TST2 that came on my 2009 TF02. It is a 120 mm fork with a standard QR and has less than 20 hours on it. $150 plus shipping and it's yours.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Nah, the BMC has an RS Relevation 426 @ 130mm.

mtbr member
    Nice glad it worked out for you