mtbr member

BMC Trailfox 2.0 Frame '07 VS Sette Flite Am Frame

well another vs thread form me . i found this frame when i was looking around on line BMC Trailfox 2.0 Frame '07 for 499.00 on jensonUSA i was looking at a Sette Flite Am Frame for 399.99. witch one is better and what are the big differences between them thanks again everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

low speed, high drag
    Jan 2008
    I think they finally sold all the Trailfoxes. They still have the Trailfox 1, which is a little more expensive...

ay Diablo!
    If thats your price range and you need a medium frame, I would also check out Bob's Bicycles and the Marin Quad XC.
    Link: http://bobs-bicycles.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=1873

The Quad Link has a virtual wheel path, as does BMC. I have an old Marin Rocksprings and love it's ride.

Bunk
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    As Ouroboros mentions, JensonUSA is getting down to the end of the Trailfox 2.0 frames. They run big, so unless you're a tall guy you might be out of luck with getting the frame in the size you need...

That said, the Trailfox is probably the better bike. I owned one briefly and disliked it enough to sell it after only a couple of months, but it's a pretty decent bike for the price. The Trailfox has a more sophisticated suspension design (virtual pivot), though the design is somewhat hampered by the Ario 2.2 shock. You'll feel some pedal-induced bob from the suspension, but the suspension design does a reasonably good job of minimizing it. If anything, I'd say that the BMC design works slightly better than Giant's much-heralded Maestro system. The Sette appears to have a standard four bar suspension design, so I would expect that it suffers from all the problems associated with that design: pedal-induced bob, brake jack, etc.

In my opinion, the big problem with the Trailfox frame, aside from the low-end shock, is the head tube angle. At 71-degrees, the Trailfox HTA is cross-country steep. It climbs well, keeping the front wheel glued to the ground even on steep climbs, but I found that it made descending feel a bit sketchy on the steep stuff. The Sette has a 69-degree head tube angle, which should feel a bit better when descending.