mtbr member
    Jan 2009

BMC Trailfox 2.0...

So, after much research and deliberation, I think I'm going to grab one of those Trailfox frames from Jenson and build it up. They seem like a really good deal for the money, and every review I can find talks them up quite a bit.

Anyways, what have people heard about these? Are there any weak points in the frame? What about BMC as a company? Are they up there in terms of quality? Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Did you end up getting a BMC

Hi, Did you end up getting a BMC Trailfox from Jenson? If so, how is it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I ended up buying the frame and I'm still building it up (still needs wheels and drivetrain before I can ride it). The frame itself is very well manufactured and seems both solid and light. The only issue some people have is how steep the head angle is when running a shorter fork (below like 120mm), as it ends up being like 71 degrees. I'm using a 140mm fork and it doesn't seem so bad. I might even convert it to 160mm if it still ends up being too steep for my liking, though it's not recommended by BMC.

Oh, and through a lot of research I've been able to answer my own questions. BMC is a very good company, just new to mountain biking (07 and up I believe). Their factory roadie team won the tour d' france this year if I'm not mistaken. The frame itself only has one real weak point which is the integrated seat collar. Apparently if you over torque the bolts you can crack the aluminum, though to me it looks fine when using the proper sized seatpost. Other than that, the rear suspension appears to be a variation on the SC/Intense VPP which is promising. I really can't wait to take it for it's maiden voyage.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for your reply. If I end up going FS the BMC Trailfox will def be the frame I'll choose. Hope you enjoy your bike when it's built