mtbr member
    Mar 2010

BMC Trailfox 02 - is this a good bike for me?

Need some help guys. I do mainly road riding, but want to get some off road riding in as well. I'm looking at the BMC Trailfox 02 @ Comp Cyclist for a great price. I really like BMC bikes and this is a great value, just in my price range. I live in the Texas hillcountry, so lots of rocky singletrack. I'm 40 y/o, 230, 6' 3" and plan to ride maybe 1-2 hours a week, nothing hardcore. I was thinking of a 29er HT, but everyone I've spoken to here has told me full suspension is the way to go considering the majority of trails in my area.
    Is the BMC Trailfox 02 a good choice for me? I've never had a full suspension bike and I'm a little concerned with my weight and suspension adjustment/maintenance. Is that a legitimate concern or just stupid.
    I would appreciate any feedback or comments. Thanks!

AZ
    banned
    Exceptional value , I think its a great choise .

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have the 2009 TF01 with 140mm. Both the TF01 and TF02 were new improved designs for 2009 and great design it is! For 2010 the frames are virtually unchanged except that the 120mm version is now called Speedfox. I love my TF01, suspension is superb, geometry is superb, build-quality is superb. It is stiff and efficient (don't use the propedal at all) and there are a lot of details that make this bike innovative. The 2010 Speedfox gets rave reviews over here in Europe lately. At this price go for it!

mtbr member
    If I hadn't bought my new FS bike three months ago I would have hopped on the TrailFox 02 deal at CS in a second.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Looks like a nice bike... I'll post more after I ride it this spring!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    it is very good bike