Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    swag ho Administrator

BMC Superstroke photos

I have a BMC bike I'm testing right now for mtbr. Does anybody know anything about these bikes? Let me know what you think.

The frame is sweet. It is like a swiss watch bike. everything is machined and designed with an original train of thought. It's totally different. The cable holders are bolted into the frame. The seatpost has two binder bolts.

Check the pics and see. I haven't ridden it yet since Norcal weather sucks. Soon though.

francois

silly person
    Dec 2005
    Yummy. I've seen their 4 stroke reviewed. It was very well received. That looks like one promising rig.

BBW
    mtbr member

Woooo

what a frame!!!!
    The details are incredible and impecable. looks super tough.
    The welds look great, that rear der. hanger looks stout with the 3 screws design
    The reinforments are beautiful and creative, the rocker, super nice!!!
    100/100 points to BMC on this one

Tell us how it rides!!!!

How many inches in the back?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Just rented one from OTE in Fruita for four days.The bike was OK.rides very tall.Short top tube.The 36 up front was great,should have come with a least a 7" rotor though for what the bike is designed for.The rear end seemed to bob a little more than my Reign.Out of the 2 bikes I would keep my Reign even though the parts spec isnt as nice or the finish,the BMC doesnt ride as well,IMO

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Might have figured out what went wrong with my set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Two bolts to loosen before dropping the saddle? On a Van36 equipped bike?

That in itself is a deal breaker.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    What size is it and how tall are you? Ive been looking at these but havent found much info. Looking foward to hearing your review!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Seriously I did find the geometry and set up bizarre.Seat bolts just one example.The finish and workmanship is first rate but not well thought out.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR

Great looking....

We have 3 demos at my shop right now. I love the finish and look of the bike. Not as expensive as I would have thought either. The suspension pivots are loose on all three. Haven't nailed down the cause yet, another mechanic thinks it could be a design flaw. Haven't ridden one on the trails. The Fourstroke 03 has been coming back with rave reviews from the people we have rented to. I'm seriously considering it for my next XC bike. I think the Superstroke frame is around $1800-1900 and the Fourstroke 03 is $1200-1300. We haven't had them long so we are still getting the details. Thats all I know....

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Hey Noah, what do you think is the problem with the bearings loosening. I'm considering buying a Fourstroke Trail and would like to know what people think. Also can you give me some advise on sizing. I'm about 6'01" and have a 32-33 " inseam. My current hardtail has a 24" top tube and a 21" seattube. What do think, a 19" ro 21" Fourstroke.

Thanks,
    Andy

smw
    pedal pusher
    I think you should ride it up Kennedy tomorrow to see how it climbs.:

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR

McBMC, it keeps that hot, hot, and the cool, cool

I'm not sure what the pivot problem is. I haven't looked into it that in depth. I mostly do sales at the shop, so I haven't taken it apart. No problems with the fourstroke though. It's doing great. I haven't ridden the "trail version" that has another inch of travel, so I can't offer any review. Sizing wise, I would say you are right, a 19" or 21". I like my bikes a bit smaller, I'm 6'2" and generally feel good on 19" bikes because I like the manuverability a bit better. But it comes down to preference. If I was a serious XC rider only I'd get a 21, otherwise a 19. They even make a 23, which we have and it is a super tall bike! I hope that helps.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by smw
    I think you should ride it up Kennedy tomorrow to see how it climbs.:

Sean

Better yet... I need to see how it descends!!! I should do the Priest Rock downhill though, otherwise known as dogmeat!

francois

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    Two bolts to loosen before dropping the saddle? On a Van36 equipped bike?

That in itself is a deal breaker.

My thoughts exactly. If they're gonna' do that, it needs to come with one of the adjustable height posts instead. The whole seatpost/seatmast area looks like a weakpoint. Never can tell by looks though.

Good looking bike otherwise though, nicely specced.
    Last edited by scrublover; 04-25-2006 at 10:29 AM.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    My thoughts exactly. If they're gonna' do that, it needs to come with one of the adjustable height posts instead. The whole seatpost/seatmast area looks like a weakpoint. NEver can tell by looks though.

Good looking bike otherwise though, nicely specced.

Now that is a good call! I'll call those guys up today and get one of these:

Great suggestion!
    fc

Hoops - Big and Small
    My buddy just put a SpeedBall on his 4 Stroke yesterday - say's it the cat's meow.

One caveat, BMC use's an interrupted seatube, insertion could be an issue on a small frame. Supposedly the SpeedBall can be cut down a couple of inches. Oh yeah - No Shims required!

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    My buddy just put a SpeedBall on his 4 Stroke yesterday - say's it the cat's meow.

One caveat, BMC use's an interrupted seatube, insertion could be an issue on a small frame. Supposedly the SpeedBall can be cut down a couple of inches. Oh yeah - No Shims required!

What is a SpeedBall? Link and photo please for the uninformed.

fc

Hoops - Big and Small
    Man you been hiding under a computer

Paul Turner and Boy's product

http://www.maverickbike.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=123

I think Quailty has them in the pipeline.

Now that this All Mountain board is up and running, seems like these gizmo's will be getting a bit more run on MBTR.

Thanks for the new forum!

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    Man you been hiding under a computer

Paul Turner and Boy's product

http://www.maverickbike.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=123

I think Quailty has them in the pipeline.

Now that this All Mountain board is up and running, seems like these gizmo's will be getting a bit more run on MBTR.

Thanks for the new forum!

Nice man! I've bee busy in my compound building an arc. It's for the Norcal icepack that's about to melt.

My bikes have seen some action but they are the three that have no shocks! Now that the weather has turned, it's time to play.

francois

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR

Yeah so....

I borrowed a demo Superstroke from my shop and I gotta say I love it! I think I found my next bike! I've only ridden it around town so far because I picked it up earlier this evening. Tomorrow I am taking it to Moab for UPS-LPS-Porcupine, basically a 20+ mi downhill. I think it will be dope. I'll let you know and maybe post some pictures. But I have to say, so far I am really impressed! Really short top tube makes it feel really nimble and it manuals like crazy. I'm on the 18" and the ETT is only 21". My buddy rode a manual on it to a dead stop! It was nuts, his very first ride on the bike! BMC you complete me.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    dam man!!! how much did that cost I really whant one of those and were did you buy it at

Now with 3 more inches!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbgiovanny
    dam man!!! how much did that cost I really whant one of those and were did you buy it at
    Down Mexico way, call Abel at SOHO bikes near satelite. 360-3578. When I was there he had a sweet 4-stroke in the shop. Looks like he can get hold of BMC.

mtbr member
    BMC sells a doohicky to make that into a QR seatpost. Looks like this.
    If I was to go out and buy a FS today, it would be a Fourstroke 03.

mtbr member

someone know ?

very intresting bike nice details, do anybody have their website to see little more info'
    on the other bikes and this company ?

..of the masses..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast