Dirt Deviant

BMC SuperStroke for clyde? Anyone?

I am looking to build a longer travel bike for AM and was looking at the BMC Superstroke 01 '07 Frame. It looks pretty sturdy. Has anyone had any experience with this frame?
    I'm about 6'4" and 280-ish, and am a smooth rider. I don't break alot of stuff for a clyde.
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanx!
    Last edited by savagemann; 05-28-2011 at 11:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by savagemann
    I am looking to build a longer travel bike for AM and was looking at the BMC Superstroke 01 '07 Frame. It looks pretty sturdy. Has anyone had any experience with this frame?
    I'm about 6'4" and 280-ish, and am a smooth rider. I don't break alot of stuff for a clyde.
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanx!
    I find it is best to contact the frame manufacture. They can usually tell you if there is a weight limit on the frame or how heavily the frame was tested.

Dirt Deviant
    So no Clydes have tried a BMC at all? Suprising. They look burley.

mtbr member
    if it weren't for the high looking top tube and the sheer amount of drool the Canfield Can Can is helping me produce, I'd be all over one of those BMCs. and I'd have a coilover shock on it likely before it even got the headset installed. methinks it'd look right at home in that frame
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky View Post
    My butthole would pucker and invert until I was inside-out before I got to the bottom.

Captain Underpants
    Those things have a really long ST proportional to the TT. Also, whut is up with the TWO bolts on the seatpost binder? If you are running a Gravity dropper then well fine, but otherwise? Deal breaker, unless you never drop your seat.

These can be had for a song right now. Def a good deal if the aforementioned items are not an issue. Build quality looks excellent. Do a search and see if there are any pivot issues. I looked at these a while back and considered picking one up.