View Poll Results: Which frame would you buy?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • BMC Superstroke

4 40.00%
  • Eastern Slash 7"

6 60.00%
    Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005

BMC Superstroke 6" or Eastern Slash 7"?

So just thinking about a new mid-travel frame and Jenson has a BMC Superstroke 6" travel for $799 that weighs 9.15 lbs. with a dual-link system and an Eastern Slash 7" single pivot for $425 that weights more than a pound less at 7.9 lbs.

So.. single pivot, more than a pound less and half the price or is the two-link, virtual style system worth the extra price and weight?

General Rabble-Rouser
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    So just thinking about a new mid-travel frame and Jenson has a BMC Superstroke 6" travel for $799 that weighs 9.15 lbs. with a dual-link system and an Eastern Slash 7" single pivot for $425 that weights more than a pound less at 7.9 lbs.

So.. single pivot, more than a pound less and half the price or is the two-link, virtual style system worth the extra price and weight?

My vote goes to the Eastern. SPs still ride great, and 400 can go a long way towards a nice build

Stand back
    I didn't realize the bmc was so burly. How do their geometries compare? Any feedback on how the bmc pedals? I can definitely tell the difference between my sp (gemini) and my horst link (sx) when climbing - the sx kicks the gemini's butt when set up similarly. I can easily notice how square edged bumps farks up my spin on the sp.
    Not quite as much difference felt while descending, other than the sx feels a bit plusher.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Brackish
    Isn't the Superstroke more of an AM bike, leaning toward XC? I like them, but to me it's more of a burly trailbike. I vote Eastern.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Slash:
    • Head tube angle: 68deg
    • Seat tube angle: 70deg

BMC:

Also a 68 deg head angle but a 72 deg seat angle