Thread: BMC superstroke

mtbr member

BMC superstroke

there's no BMC forum, and I know several of us have the Jenson USA-deal superstrokes, so here goes:

With an X7 derailleur, I can't remove my rear wheel without taking out the QR - the QR nut hits the derailleur, around the mounting bolt. Skewers I've tried are the ones that came with Outlaws and Easton Havocs (thanks again Jenson...).
    anyone else have this problem? Is anyone running an XT shadow RD and not have this problem?

Dirt Deviant
    I got the same deal with mine. i rarely take the rear wheel off, so it hasn't been much of a problem. Was thinking of going with BMC's 12mm TA in the rear and I think it will solve the deal.
    BTW, I'm running a sram X-9 medium cage.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    I am running the BMC 12mm TA set up. It works great, and I can feel ther difference the bolt on axel makes. I am running a SRAM XO so the setup is similar to yours. I would say if you have to take everything apart anyway switch to the though axel. You will feel the difference in the corners. Hopefully your LBS can lace your wheel to a new hub for not a lot of money, as this bike is spendy enough to begin with!

Happy Trails!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules
    there's no BMC forum, and I know several of us have the Jenson USA-deal superstrokes, so here goes:

With an X7 derailleur, I can't remove my rear wheel without taking out the QR - the QR nut hits the derailleur, around the mounting bolt. Skewers I've tried are the ones that came with Outlaws and Easton Havocs (thanks again Jenson...).
    anyone else have this problem? Is anyone running an XT shadow RD and not have this problem?
    Yep, I got the Jenson BMC deal and ran into the same problem with my XT rd. The biggest problem, isn't the QR nut however, its the Panaracer Rampage tire I just mounted up. WAY too many pinch flats. I'm going back to a dual ply DH tire for the rear and shouldn't have to worry about even having to take off the wheel.

Do you guys know how wide of a tire the frame can handle?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jutt77
    Do you guys know how wide of a tire the frame can handle?

http://homepage.mac.com/ianwalsh/.Pi...d/DSC00473.jpg
    http://homepage.mac.com/ianwalsh/.Pi...d/DSC00474.jpg
    http://homepage.mac.com/ianwalsh/.Pi...d/DSC00475.jpg

that's a 2.5" conti diesel on outlaw wheels (32mm rim I believe). There is plenty of room.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules
    Perfect, thanks!