mtbr member

BMC Fourstroke Max rear tire size and others

Hi I just ordered a 09 Fourstroke 02 frame online and I need to know the max rear tire size the seat post size and if possible the length of the chain with all xt gear thanks

mtbr member
    May 2010
    My 09 Fourstroke has 2.25 schwalbe tires fitted, but it looks like it can handle a bit wider.
    The seatpost is 31.6mm. I cannot tell you the chain length yet, because i am still waiting for my rear derailleur to arrive before the bike is ready for it's first ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I run a maxxis 2.35 ignitor on the rear and it looks like I could go bigger. I have a 2007 FS 01.

Your chain length is dependent on cassette size and front big ring size. Running XT 9 spd with a 3x9 setup I had to remove three links from a standard length xtr chain.

With the chain routed over the largest rear and the largest front without going through the rear derailleur pull the chain tight and add two-three links. This will be the correct length when you run the chain through the derailleur.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hans dampf 2,35 on rear in trailfox 02 2009
    i think that bigger tire will be a problem

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    '11 FS01- running 2.4 racing ralph with decent clearance. Fitted a 2.4 rocket ron. It fit but with very little clearance. Clearance issues is more on the top of the tread than the sides.