Big air wannabe
    Oct 2008

BMC '07 Trailfox 2.0 Derailleur Hanger

Jenson now carries spare hangers for our bikes. I searched everywhere and could not find one. Unfortunately are charging $30 per hanger:
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/RD285Z00.aspx

Looking at what Jenson says that part fits, I believe it is the same as Hanger 49 here:
    http://www.derailleurhanger.com/bmc.htm

I may order two from derailleurhanger.com and test the theory - we should all have a least one handy IMO anyway.. my wife broke the one on her bike and waiting for the part is a PITA. Pricepoint already sent two of the wrong hangers but at least they were free

low speed, high drag
    Jan 2008
    Cool, I'll pick one up just in case...Funny, I was getting a creaking sound that was driving me crazy. I was convinced it was the cranks and took them apart and regreased them a million times. Turns out it was the hanger. After a little grease in the threads, no more creak..

Big air wannabe
    Oct 2008
    Mine arrived from derailleurhanger.com and looks correct, but I have not tried it.

Interestingly it fits several other bikes too, and is a Derby #32-97-100. Googling shows manufactures share hangers and a lot are made by a company called DerbyCycle Corp:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/hangers/dropouts.pdf

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Interesting, this might be useful.

Ouro: I remember you saying you that your BB was having issues, which is troubling because I wanted to order a Truvativ crankset. It was just your hanger then?

low speed, high drag
    Jan 2008
    Yeah, the BB and the cranks are fine. I never would've guessed it was the hanger, but there is an awesome mechanic at the local bike collective and he spotted it immediately. I've heard lots of complaints about the Firex cranks but they seem fine to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Yeah, sort of the unwritten law of review sites: More people are going to run and write a review and knock something if it breaks, whereas less people are going to write a glowing review if it just works.

I was planning on getting the Stylo Team, which is a step up from the firex. I just read that most the 08+ truvativ cranks that previously had issues (like the left crank arm falling off) have been revised to solve most of the issues, and are now pretty good.

/endhijack

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3_e46
    I may order two from derailleurhanger.com and test the theory - we should all have a least one handy IMO anyway.. my wife broke the one on her bike and waiting for the part is a PITA. Pricepoint already sent two of the wrong hangers but at least they were free
    Looks like it's a standard Wheels Manufacturing #49 derailleur hanger. You should be able to get one for around $20. Lots of places seem to sell them; maybe even your local bike shop (if you're willing to special order).

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    This is great information, thanks for the research! will pick some up myself.
    Carpe Diem!

Big air wannabe
    Oct 2008
    Update: Craigj1013 tried Hanger 49 on his '07 Trailfox 2.0 after bending the original and apparently it is not quite the right hanger. Very close but not the right one.

At this point JensonUSA is out of stock. Does anyone have a source for them? I have Hanger 49 in my toolbox assuming it would fit when I needed it - dang it.

mtbr member
    OK, I talked to QBP the distributor for BMC. They are currently out of the hanger but they should have some in stock by the end of Oct. You can have your bike shop order it. The QBP part number is FS2222.

Big air wannabe
    Oct 2008
    Thanks for doing the research Craig. Do you have a web link or phone number where we can one from?

mtbr member
    Good to hear! I've been looking for a spare hanger as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    If you can't wait till Oct for a BMC FS2222 hanger, the Wheels MFG #49 will work if you file the point down a little bit. I put one on my bike over the weekend without to much trouble.