Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    This bike is gorgeous! Considering as my next steed!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I agree. I have a deposit on a '13 Superfly 100 Elite. Way better kit on this bike even if it is another $1,500. There isn't one thing I'd change on this bike! I already got a new set of Havens ready to go and I'll keep the stockers for backups. I'm keeping my eyes on this one.

bikerpilot
    I have been riding the SpeedFox 29 this year and loving it. Geometry will be the same (perfect) but the new carbon frame being stiffer and lighter will make this bike absolutely incredible. Sumgai you mentioned X0 kit, from what I can gather it's going to be XTR, not X0. If it came X0 I would definitely be getting one, the XTR is making my decision very difficult. Also $6500 wouldn't be too bad of a deal for a full carbon frame, solid X0 kit, good Easton wheels, top of the line Fox Kashima suspension. If it comes frame only I may try to do that with the X0 build kit off my SpeedFox, that would be my dream bike. Can't wait to see more details on the bike.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    BMC's website lists an XO kit for this bike but the photos show XTR. I'm fairly certain they will offer XO on their highest end FS01 29er. Perhaps the new XO group was not available at the time to build their press event bike. I'll be watching this closely.

bikerpilot
    Quote Originally Posted by sumgai View Post
    BMC's website lists an XO kit for this bike but the photos show XTR. I'm fairly certain they will offer XO on their highest end FS01 29er. Perhaps the new XO group was not available at the time to build their press event bike. I'll be watching this closely.
    That gets me all kinds of excited. The only page of info I can find about the bike on their site is this: BMC swiss cycling technology - new fourstroke FS01 29 - 2013 - BMC, Bicycles, Bikes, BMC Cycles, BMC Mountainbike, BMC Cycle It doesn't mention XTR or X0, but does show a picture of the bike with XTR as you said. Where did you see the X0 kit listed? Link?

I'm really struggling to decide between this bike and the new Specialized Epic Marathon. I've always been a Specialized guy until this year I had a chance to ride the SF29 for a while. I know I love the BMC geometry, and that it would only be better and lighter in the FS01 carbon frame. I've never ridden an Epic, and finding an XL to test will be tough, so it's an unknown. I know the FS01 frame is about half a pound lighter, and the wheelbase is almost an inch shorter than the Epic. Advantages to the Epic are the carbon wheelset and the brain (if that's an advantage).
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    From a source who knows....The 2013 FS01 29 will be available in the US with both XO & XTR builds

bikerpilot
    Quote Originally Posted by agg1979 View Post
    From a source who knows....The 2013 FS01 29 will be available in the US with both XO & XTR builds

Does this source also know when they'll be available?
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

bikerpilot
    Talked to my shop today, saw some specs on the FS01. Three build levels available, the X0 is my pick.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Word on the street is they will arrive in the US at the beginning of September.....

bikerpilot
    Quote Originally Posted by agg1979 View Post
    Word on the street is they will arrive in the US at the beginning of September.....
    Can't wait! Still debating over this bike or the Epic but I just keep coming back to the BMC.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-FSR View Post
    Still debating over this bike or the Epic.
    Don't be that guy. Get the BMC.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    noice

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Guys - any wheelbase numbers for the M and L frame sizes?
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

bikerpilot
    Quote Originally Posted by sumgai View Post
    Don't be that guy. Get the BMC.
    HA! But I see your point. In actuality though, if I get the BMC I will be THAT guy. If I get an Epic I'll be just another guy on an Epic.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

bikerpilot
    Quote Originally Posted by seleniak View Post
    Guys - any wheelbase numbers for the M and L frame sizes?
    I was going to tell you to look at the geometry of the 2012 Speedfox SF29 here, but I see that the wheelbase isn't listed. Weird. I have it noted as 1140mm for the L on my comparison spreadsheet, but I can't recall where I got that number. I will measure it to confirm tonight when I get home. If that is accurate, the M should be 1120mm since the reach measurement is 20mm shorter and everything else is the same.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks Andrew-FSR. Appreciate it. Wasn't able to find wheelbase anywhere
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

bikerpilot
    Sorry I didn't get this up last night. I measured my Large Speedfox SF29, and the wheelbase is 1140mm. From what I have gathered the geometry of the FS01 29 is supposed to be exactly the same. By my logic, since the Reach measurement of the Medium is 20mm less than the large and head angle and chainstays are the same, the wheelbase of the Medium should be 1120mm. Can somebody confirm if that's logical or not?

Comparing the wheelbase of my Large to other bikes is probably a clue why I like it so much. For example an XL Epic is 1163mm, an XL 429 is 1157, an XL Camber is 1176, the new Occam 29 in Large is 1161, the Jet9 RDO at 1161 and the Jet9 at 1150. Heck my old 26" Stumpjumper FSR (back when it was 100mm XC bike, not the longer travel trail bike it is now) was 1188mm! Along with the Tallboy at 1135mm, it seems the BMC is one of the shorter wheelbases out there for a 100mm 29er. I admit I've never ridden any of the others, but I can't really think of any reasons a longer wheelbase would be better except for going in a straight line, and what fun is that?
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

Swiss Cycling Technology
    Jan 2012
    Sorry I didn't get this up last night. I measured my Large Speedfox SF29, and the wheelbase is 1140mm. From what I have gathered the geometry of the FS01 29 is supposed to be exactly the same. By my logic, since the Reach measurement of the Medium is 20mm less than the large and head angle and chainstays are the same, the wheelbase of the Medium should be 1120mm. Can somebody confirm if that's logical or not?

Comparing the wheelbase of my Large to other bikes is probably a clue why I like it so much. For example an XL Epic is 1163mm, an XL 429 is 1157, an XL Camber is 1176, the new Occam 29 in Large is 1161, the Jet9 RDO at 1161 and the Jet9 at 1150. Heck my old 26" Stumpjumper FSR (back when it was 100mm XC bike, not the longer travel trail bike it is now) was 1188mm! Along with the Tallboy at 1135mm, it seems the BMC is one of the shorter wheelbases out there for a 100mm 29er. I admit I've never ridden any of the others, but I can't really think of any reasons a longer wheelbase would be better except for going in a straight line, and what fun is that?
    Andrew, you are spot on!

We've got some of the shortest chainstays in the industry on a 100mm 29er. It's all part of a greater package including short chainstays, a low bb, short headtube/stack height, and a slacker HT angle. All of this really helps keep the handing agile and fun while still giving the benefit of the 29er wheels...cool?

bikerpilot
    Quote Originally Posted by RiDe_BMC View Post
    Andrew, you are spot on!

We've got some of the shortest chainstays in the industry on a 100mm 29er. It's all part of a greater package including short chainstays, a low bb, short headtube/stack height, and a slacker HT angle. All of this really helps keep the handing agile and fun while still giving the benefit of the 29er wheels...cool?
    I love my Speedfox SF29. Such a fun bike and handling is great. Only ask would be a bigger size for "real" tall folks. I am 6'6" and I am making the L work, but with a LOT of seatpost and a 120mm stem. It still rides great though. Of course it's not much smaller than a lot of XLs out there, because of your intent to use a short stem, and an XL would produce a longer wheelbase, so maybe the L is good. I love it. Hoping to get a FS01 very soon.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RiDe_BMC View Post
    Andrew, you are spot on!

Any information yet about a frameset option for this bike?

bikerpilot
    Anybody heard availability for the FS01, specifically the X0? Trying to get my hands on one ASAP!
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

bikerpilot
    Any more news on the FS01?
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Any more news on the FS01?
    Got info from BMC USA that a frameset will be available in January 2013! :-)

With a 120 mm fork this could be the ultimate xc & trail bike...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Any MSRP on the frame only?

Quote Originally Posted by Xizor1 View Post
    Got info from BMC USA that a frameset will be available in January 2013! :-)

With a 120 mm fork this could be the ultimate xc & trail bike...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast