Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    May 2014

2013 Fourstroke FS01 29

I really would try a dt Swiss x313 odl 2015 for racing purpose. Someone has it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    All Fox shocks that come with Fourstrokes have old Triad design. There is no separate high-speed rebound circuit. Your rebound setting is always compormise. If it is too slow the shock will pack up during repeated hits and will feel harsh. If it is too fast it will kick back and feel harsh.

More details here:

Fox float CTD shock - Evolution vs. Factory

Pictures that show the internal construction:

Fox Float CTD Evo shock..... A look inside

And finally cure:

Avalanche is solving you CTD Evo shock woes!

Either Avalanche or Suspension Werx can rebuild the shock with proper dual flow piston. It is expensive but IMHO well worth it.

I myself got Rockshox Monarch RT3 Debonair. I like it very much. I filled the positive air chamber with tuning bands to make the shock more prorgressive.

The old Kashima-coated shock is for sale.

mtbr member
    May 2014

2013 Fourstroke FS01 29

Good infos Thanks! Do you have any feedback on the dt Swiss x313 2015?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I have not used DT Swiss shocks. Looks like X313 is brand new design. So it might be good.

Picture of the internal construction here:

DT Swiss 2013 - SPLINE Laufräder (26", 650b, 29") und X 313 Dämpfer - MTB-News.de

Unfortunately it is not possible to make any judgements based on this.

Always pushing harder!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    Wanted to give everybody a heads up who owns an FS01 to a problem I recently discovered. The rear shift cable housing runs down the top tube then is internally routed through the chainstay to the rear derailleur. Where the cable enters the chainstay just behind the BB, there is no protection for the carbon from the cable housing moving due to suspension movement. Over less than a year of riding, mine has significantly worn through the carbon and created a large hole. I would recommend putting something in place to stop the wear on the carbon. Ideas I had were some of the snap on frame protectors from Jagwire or Sram (Amazon.com: SRAM Frame Protector for Brake and Shift Cable Housing (Set of 4): Sports & Outdoors , Amazon.com: Jagwire Tube Tops 3G, Housing Covers/Frame Protectors, Black, Bag/4: Sports & Outdoors), or a cable boot such as used on a v-brake (Amazon.com: Pyramid Cable Boot V-Brake Rubber Black: Sports & Outdoors). Share any other ideas or solutions you find.

Here's the wear on my frame. This should be a small hole approximately sized to match the cable. I have reported this to my dealer and they're passing to BMC, we will see what they say. This really should have been installed with a grommet in place.

Attachment 865933

Attachment 865934
    Does somebody else has this issue. I just saw mine and don't want the hole to grow bigger. Is this something BMC has to deal with?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by carlostruco View Post
    Does somebody else has this issue. I just saw mine and don't want the hole to grow bigger. Is this something BMC has to deal with?
    UP!? I have the same problem also. I tried the sram/jagwire hose protector and that wont hold there.

Always pushing harder!!!
    OK...how come I've just seen what looks like a Cannondale Hollowgram 1X cranksst in a 19lbs. BMC Fourstroke FS01?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufnlVJo5MW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5H6ey1jvf4

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I think that with Rotor BB you can use 30mm axle on PF92 frame as well: Rotor Bike Components

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Stil the best!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123