Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

2010 speedfox 01

just thoght i would spread the news that competitive cyclist has these on sale for 1199 in all frame sizes, and im sure as they go the price will drop a little more. i just ordered one yesterday, i thought i was getting an 09 fourstroke from the ebay.at spot but it turns out that my ordered got sent back to them cause of issues with shipping to the usa from there, a little annoying but my money was refunded promptly and now im happy it happened cause this frame is so sweet.

mtbr member
    Great deal I would go for it I love my bmc here is a pic
    2010 speedfox 01-cimg0799.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    sweet ride, good job on the red highlights. ill post her up once she arrives and gets built up. remember me? we talked through email last month when i was deciding to go for the foustroke from ebay.at

mtbr member
    OH yeah sorry!! They sent it back why?

mtbr member
    you paid 1199 for the frame you could have got a carbon frame for that

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    they said that the shipping regulations changed within a couple weeks of me ordering that they werent aware of that restricts the weight of packages to the usa. but like i said im happy that im getting the speedfox cause it matches up with my fork and wheels better, i just dont have anything green to match with the frame besides the whole xo cash green components but they have been hard to find on sale

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    what full suspension carbon frame for $1200? most ive seen start well over 2000.

mtbr member
    oh sorry we have them here still that is a sweet bike plus you got the newer suspension. I keep forgetting the dollar is alot lower then the Euro like 25 percent so the prices seem high to me

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    no worries, just recieved her the other day, boy oh boy is she prettty

mtbr member
    pics please

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    just a frame still, ill def post pics after she is all built up. waiting on some more parts

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

here she is!

2010 speed fox 01 frame
    reba team 20mm fork
    arch/hadley wheels
    the captin tires
    thomson stem and post
    easton ea70 bar
    formula rx brakes
    X9 shifters
    X0 rd-cash green
    XT fd
    XT crank
    XT cassettte
    XT chain
    26.3 lbs

sorry about the blury cell phone pics will post better ones soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 speedfox 01-b1.jpg  

2010 speedfox 01-b2.jpg  

2010 speedfox 01-b3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice got it together that thing looks good how does it ride ? How much did you have in the frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    just got out for the first ride today, and it is a real nice ride very balanced. still need to get the little things dialed in and really need to get rid of the extra winter weight to fully enjoy her.

mtbr member
    I know what you are saying about the winter weight I put on like 10lbs. We have had snow snow snow here in Germany its been hard to get out. I went out 3 times last week and I thought I was going to die.

I love the way the bmc suspension works its such a good ride. I had a friend with a 2011 giant reign0 ride my bike the other day and he said it climbs better than the reign. I am glad more people don't know about bmc because we can get such good deals on them. That speedfox looks sick I wonder how it rides compared to my trailfox I know it looks better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

snap

ordered one from CCyclist and had it sent to my aunt in CA who flew it back to me in australia to bypass import duty (lucky she was on her way here)

just had my first ride on it this weekend, really nice frame, stiff, needs a bit more tweaking but great potential

bit of bling, 2x10 xo, carbon bits, chris king/819 wheels, etc, bit porky, 12.5kg (spose thats ok for a 120f&B bike, my yeti as-r is sub 10.7kg approx perob not a fair comparison)

pictures as follows

http://amtbc.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1951

http://amtbc.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1950

http://amtbc.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1949

http://amtbc.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1948

http://amtbc.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1947

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    sweet ride my friend glad to see someone else grabed one of these bad ass frames

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Cuious as to how a 140mm fork would work. The head angle is 69 degrees which is failry steep - half a degree slacker than the 2011 model.

Also what would the difference be between the 2011 and 2010 climbing? The 2010 has a 69 degree HA with a 165mm head tube, compared to a 2011 68.5 head angle with a 160mm head tube. IE: 2010 = steeper but longer tube.......2011 slacker with shorted tube.

mtbr member
    I have the trailfox in the pic above and the fork goes from 140 to 100 and its ok on all settings If I am climbing I will set it down because it will wander a little but with the pro pedal on the shock the bike climbs as good as my ht. I know you were asking about the speedfox but the suspension on my bike is great and its the 09 frame so I am sure the speedfox is even better.

mtbr member
    I have the trailfox in the pic above and the fork goes from 140 to 100 and its ok on all settings If I am climbing I will set it down because it will wander a little but with the pro pedal on the shock the bike climbs as good as my ht. I know you were asking about the speedfox but the suspension on my bike is great and its the 09 frame so I am sure the speedfox is even better.

oops hit the button 2 times

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The SF frame is designed for 120mm, the extra 20mm of a 140 fork will slacken the angles about 1deg. I.e. the 2010 HA will become somewhere around 68deg with a 140mm fork. Keep in mind though that not only your HA will change, but also you seat tube angle. Don't know exactly what the number is, but assuming 73deg with 120 fork will put that down to 72deg with 140 fork. Not too bad, but overall the bike will climb less well with a 140 fork (as is to be expected). A TALAS would be nice in that you can adapt the travel on the go. Finally (but not unimportant) you should check if BMC warrants the use of a 140mm fork in the Speedfox; a longer fork puts more load on the head tube.

W.r.t. the differences between the 2010 and 2011 models, I'd expect that a back to back comparisson would expose only very subtle differences. For reference I ride an 09 TF-01 (140mm new style Trailfox) which has 68deg HA, 165 HT, 73deg SA and it climbs very well even with the TALAS fully extended to 140mm. Of course I can always drop it down, but never use the 100mm setting (because I've never needed it). My TF has the same suspension design as the SF, which does climb exceptionally well IMHO (it just grips like crazy, bobs very little and still absorbs very well, just amazing).

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

2010 BMC Speedfox 01

bcf811

I got my 2010 speedfox 01 frame about two months ago from Competitive Cyclist for a lot less than yours. They dropped the price to half of what you paid. It's a sweet frame. I was happy to have gotten it for a steal!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclohead View Post
    bcf811

I got my 2010 speedfox 01 frame about two months ago from Competitive Cyclist for a lot less than yours. They dropped the price to half of what you paid. It's a sweet frame. I was happy to have gotten it for a steal!
    nice, they tend to keep dropping as frame sizes sell out. i needed a medium so i didnt want to try to wait and end up having to get the wrong size.

congrats on the new frame, im loving mine!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Mine

Last edited by mzaskar; 03-06-2012 at 04:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

lean mean black and green

little update:

80mm stem
    green salsa seat post collar clamp
    matching green spacer
    green reba stickers
    tioga psycho genius tires
    crank bros acid pedals

this bike is lots of fun

thinking about running a 140mm fork, anyone try this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 speedfox 01-bike03.jpg  

2010 speedfox 01-bike02.jpg  

2010 speedfox 01-bike01.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast