mtbr member
    Sep 2008

19" 07 trailfox question

just ordered one of these bad boys from jenson . im gonna swap all parts from my current bike, but i just realized that i didnt check to see how long the steering tube needs to be for this frame , so my question is for anyone who has an 07 trailfox 02 in a size 19 how long is the steering tube on your fork?

thanks

low speed, high drag
    Jan 2008
    I left 8" on mine just in case I'd ever swap frames. The dust cap is really tall on the headset they give you which leaves me enough room for about 2 spacers, which is more than I need anyway...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    thanks, i just measured and mine is a little over 7.5", guess worse case senerio i have a valid excuse to get a new fork

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hey Bfc811, how tall are you? I'm thinking about ordering one of these also but not sure on the sizing...top tube matches what I've ridden before on other companies medium frames but I'm worried about the standover...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    mine just arrived today!!!! its soooooooooooo sweet looking, even better than on the computer. im just a touch under 5 11 with short legs, so i feel you on the whole stand over thing but i was more worried about the top tube, cause i didnt want to stick too long of a stem on it and be way over the front tire, so i went for the 19. hope that helps. im so stoked

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    If theres any chance your going to get that thing built tonight? Or at least mocked up? I need a standover measurement. I've browsed this whole forum and searched the web with no actual stacover number....just that its high....my uzzi had a 31 inch standover until the new dropouts

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i wont be building it, i leave that to the bike shop, but by doing some ghetto measurments it seems to be around 31", i measured my wheel from the hub to the floor and then measured the frame from the top tube to the bottom bracket. not sure if thats the correct way of checking but maybe it could give you a rough idea

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sorry to keep buggin ya, Was that measured with a tire on the rim? If so what size and model of tire?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    no prob., with a tire panaracer fire xc 2.1

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bcf811
    thanks, i just measured and mine is a little over 7.5", guess worse case senerio i have a valid excuse to get a new fork
    Was 7.5" enough to work with your new frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    it worked but had to use my old headset as the one that came with the bike had too high of a cup to it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bcf811
    it worked but had to use my old headset as the one that came with the bike had too high of a cup to it.
    Thanks for the reply! My fork is cut to 7 5/8" so hopefully I'll be able to make mine work too.