mtbr member
    Sep 2008

120mm on a fourstroke?

anybody have any experience with this set up?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    You're talking about the fork right? And what year Fourstroke? My '07 has a 120 Float fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    What is the compression tune in shocks used with Fourstrkoke?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1
    You're talking about the fork right? And what year Fourstroke? My '07 has a 120 Float fork.
    yes talking about the fork, looking at the 09 fourstroke. i could reduce my reba to 100mm if needed but i like a litttle extra up front. was mainly wondering if it throws the balance/ feel of the bike off.

thanks

Mojo MadDuc

120 mm Fork

BCF811,

I am running my BMC Fourstroke 02 with a 26 inch rear and 29 inch front tire. I am running a 100mm Fork. The effect is going to slacken the head angle, by maybe .5 to 1 degree.It will slow the steering slightly, but unless you are doing a lot of very tight switchbacks, you won't see much in the way of negative effects. The bike will feel more stable, steer a little slower and feel very stable on descents. The front may be slightly lighter, this can be countered by moving your seat foward by up to 1/2 an inch. My 69'er ends up with a similar head angle and I love it for the rocks and ledges here in Austin. Hope this helps.

MD
    MadDuc916
    2011 Voodoo Canzo 29'er

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuc916
    BCF811,

I am running my BMC Fourstroke 02 with a 26 inch rear and 29 inch front tire. I am running a 100mm Fork. The effect is going to slacken the head angle, by maybe .5 to 1 degree.It will slow the steering slightly, but unless you are doing a lot of very tight switchbacks, you won't see much in the way of negative effects. The bike will feel more stable, steer a little slower and feel very stable on descents. The front may be slightly lighter, this can be countered by moving your seat foward by up to 1/2 an inch. My 69'er ends up with a similar head angle and I love it for the rocks and ledges here in Austin. Hope this helps.

MD
    thanks for the reply, that was pretty much what i thought would happen. i do have an option to go with the 09 trailfox 03 frame also which is a 120mm frame but the i think the head angle is like 69, not sure if thats gonna be to relaxed as im currently on a 07 trailfox 02 which i believe has the same geo as the fourstroke

mtbr member
    I run a 120mm lefty pbr. I love the extra travel it gives an already capable xc/trail bike. I have absolutely no issues, except the frames are too heavy!

mtbr member
    What kind of riding do you do ? I would go with the 120mm frame its a good all around size.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    so i just ordered one of the fourstrokes off ebay.de (thanks to jpeters for posting them and than being very helpful and informative) ended up paying 430 eu for the frame and like 120 for shipping, which was very worth it for me here in the states.

im gonna be transfering my wheels: hadley/arch and fork: 09 reba team maxle light(leaving it at 120 and if i dont like it reducing down to 100), over from my 07 trailfox, and i think im gonna slap a x7 2x10 on her.

was wondering if anyone could tell me the seatpost and front derailuer sizes?

thanks

Just ride
    Jul 2009
    I've got a 2008 model fourstroke03 with a 130mm Magura Laurin FCR fork. I practically stole the near new fork off Ebay - the guy claimed he didn't like the looks of the dual arches. Works like a champ. I certainly wouldn't go any longer though. 120mm might actually be a perfect size.