Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Interestingly enough, I just got an email from them today. It was a reply to an email I sent on MARCH 27th!!!

Not sure what I want to do at this point. I love the product, have had one since 07, but I'm not sure I trust sending my pack in to them for a repair.

A guy on a bike Moderator
    I just heard from Scott (Wingnut owner) today. He says that things are back on track.

mtbr member
    I heard from Scott as well this morning - says there was a material shortage but it should be back in stock next week. I'm ready to get my new bag

Ed

mtbr member
    Figured i'd update on this - my pack showed up on Friday

Now to check it out and see how i like it - does look pretty nice and all so far though.

Ed

A guy on a bike Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroRC Ed View Post
    Figured i'd update on this - my pack showed up on Friday

Now to check it out and see how i like it - does look pretty nice and all so far though.

Ed
    Thanks for the update! Good to hear that they are shipping. I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

mtbr member
    The site is still pretty flaky.

I have a 2.5 and it just ripped below the zipper for the water bladder compartment. I'm guessing that it would be better if I just take it to a local place to get some heavy duty stitching done on it. I need it in 10 days for a big ride and I'm guessing that it won't get turned around in time.

I really hope they can keep it together. I love their packs. It would be hard to go back to a Camel Bak or Ergon pack.

Candlestick Maker
    I like the Wingnut 2.5 that I have. The lower back position is great for keeping the weight off of my lame neck.

My only quibble is that I've ripped both mesh wing pockets. Maybe they need to be made of a bit beefier material...or, I guess I should stop crashing!
    baker

aka rockyonekc
    Anyone heard from Wingnut lately? I placed an order for a Hyper 3.0 a while back. No pack, plus their emails are bouncing, and the voice mail is full. I know they are a bit flaky, but just curious if anyone has received an order from them recently?
    Last edited by Diamond Dave; 10-21-2012 at 07:25 PM.
    Good Trails Don't Build Themselves - Earn Your Dirt

http://earthriders.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    Anyone heard from Wingnut lately? I placed an order for a Hyper 3.0 on Sept 28. No pack, plus their emails are bouncing, and the voice mail is full. I know they are a bit flaky, but just curious if anyone has received an order from them recently. I have an endurance race next weekend so my fingers are crossed.
    That's a bummer. I absolutely love my pack and was >< close to ordering a new one, but you guys have me worried.

I have an Osprey that I've been using to give my Wingnut a break... while I'm getting used to it, it's no where near as good for my back as the wingnut. Hope they haven't been responsive because they're so busy with orders

aka rockyonekc
    Finally received the pack I ordered in September. Took 2 1/2 months, but it got here in time for Christmas. Ho ho ho. :beer:
    Good Trails Don't Build Themselves - Earn Your Dirt

http://earthriders.org

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Yeah, Scott is a character. Trying to reach him about a repair, emails keep bouncing back. Anyone have any info?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    Yeah, Scott is a character. Trying to reach him about a repair, emails keep bouncing back. Anyone have any info?
    Same problem here. I tried emailing about getting an adventure pack for bikepacking, but just a failed delivery email was all I got. I love my hyper 3.0, best pack ever, even though mice in Moab ate away at my mesh pockets a bit. Nothing beats it. Osprey might be my best option now, hopefully they will just sell their design to someone who has interest in making it.

SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    Neil... as a bikepacking supplier myself... I have to be careful what I say... a bit. There are a lot of flaky companies around in almost every capacity (bike, bikepacking, accessory, etc). Just look around the forums a bit. I don't mean to sound like I'm calling him flaky. Quite the contrary. However, as a small company I have to do almost everything (website, marketing, email, shipping, bank stuff... that's all before sewing & development, let alone going for a ride). My comment was meant more as sympathy/empathy than anything.

Myself... I've spent the last week fighting a glitch in building a website and not sewing. Sadly, I still don't have a 'real' internet presence outside of Facebook/Etsy (look for SpoK Werks) and people who know me. In any case... if you're in Europe (the Euro/Dollar thing is a bit price prohibitive) I'd be happy to make something for you. I will say though, my feeling is that Porcelain Rocket is my example for how I want to be in a couple of years. Good, affordable, responsive and fun.

Good luck with Wingnut.. They really have/had some interesting ideas. In fact, the new Inov8 running packs have a similar bladder and design.
    Last edited by 1 Speed; 01-31-2013 at 12:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Just saw on their website that their was a Feb 14th, 2013 post saying updates on their website coming soon
    Wingnut Gear New Content Coming Soon!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    How do these type of packs (low rider) work with the large seat packs like the Revelate bags? Does the pack hang to low and get in the way with each other or is there enough room? Thanks

What day are we riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
    How do these type of packs (low rider) work with the large seat packs like the Revelate bags? Does the pack hang to low and get in the way with each other or is there enough room? Thanks
    Not an issue.

mtbr member
    Just ordered a Wingnut Pack. **fingers crossed** I'll post an update on what happens in terms of delivery time.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I finally received acknowledgement from Scott about my warranty replacement. So I am waiting too.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

What happened to Wingnut packs?

Wingnut packs are totally adjustable for height. It you had it low enough to interfere with a seat bag, it would hang up on the back of saddle if the seat bag was not there.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Put in my Hyper 3.0 order on May 8th. Haven't heard a peep.

Candlestick Maker
    I've used both together and had no interference issues.
    baker

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Just ordered a Wingnut Pack. **fingers crossed** I'll post an update on what happens in terms of delivery time.
    Got an update on my pack. It's in the build process and should be done in a week or so.

I'm cool with waiting as long as I know it's workin its way to me.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Are there any other packs that have a similar design to the WN Adventure Pack? I like the having the weight down low like a hybrid backpack/fannypack.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Are there any other packs that have a similar design to the WN Adventure Pack? I like the having the weight down low like a hybrid backpack/fannypack.
    Mountainsmith's lumbar packs paired with their Strappettes carry similarly to the Wingnuts.
    Fat, tired.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    Mountainsmith's lumbar packs paired with their Strappettes carry similarly to the Wingnuts.
    +1 thanks.

I also found the Zimmerbuilt Pack which looks nice.

HalfPack 2.0 - ZimmerBuilt
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast