Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member

I posted about my less than awesome Wingnut experiences earlier in this thread from my purchase of a larger WN Adventure pack. I have been looking for a smaller lumbar style pack for the last few years and came up with few options. I tried a Camelbak Skyline and while it gets marks for looks and construction details it's heavy and doesn't wrap around me for stability.

I kept hunting around, but finally concluded it was worth trying Wingnut again despite my poor experience last time. I mentally wrote off the money so no matter what happened I wouldn't be unhappy.

Anyways to make a long-story short:

- I ordered a WN 3.0 on 27 Feb 2017
    - rec'd order confirmation promptly
    - rec'd a request for extra shipping $$ due to my being in Canada [ I'm okay with that.]
    - rec'd pack on 16 Mar 2017

I have only done a quick test fit, but my problems with the previous harness not fitting are not apparent this time so I'll chalk that up to an improperly sewn harness. The bag looks good and I'm happy I gave WN another shot.

I'll post some pics and review later. I just thought I should update my previous comments with the new data.

Three Point Zero | Wingnut
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quick update on the WN 3.0 pack. I'm liking it better than the Camelbak Sykline 10R in most respects. It carries my gear more comfortably and it's more stable for techy AM riding. The main downside with the WN pack is the hose routing is goofy and doesn't seem well thought out for a dedicated hydropack, but I've got some ideas for DIY work arounds that should make me happy enough.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Another update coming up on 3 months since I got the Wingnut 3.0 pack. It's become my new favourite hydropack. I'll be selling the Camelbak Skyline 10R as I can't see myself ever going back to it. The 3.0 is better in every way.

I'm glad I gave WN another shot.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Another update coming up on 3 months since I got the Wingnut 3.0 pack. It's become my new favourite hydropack. I'll be selling the Camelbak Skyline 10R as I can't see myself ever going back to it. The 3.0 is better in every way.

I'm glad I gave WN another shot.
    You are not the only one who is happy with Wingnut backpacks. Mine is now more than 3 years old and still perfect as when I received it. It sits on my hips and even on the hardest of climbs my back is not boiling as with all the other backpacks I have used.
    If you want a better bite valve than the one from Camelback I recommend the Osprey magnetic bite valve. Just drink and let i go; it will jump back to its holder.
    NOTE: Do not use the magnetic bite valve if you use a pacemaker.
    errare humanum est

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by las-palmas View Post
    If you want a better bite valve than the one from Camelback I recommend the Osprey magnetic bite valve. Just drink and let i go; it will jump back to its holder.
    NOTE: Do not use the magnetic bite valve if you use a pacemaker.
    I've got no issues with the bite valve on my bladder. I would prefer a different hose routing on the 3.0, but I hacked something that works okay.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I've got no issues with the bite valve on my bladder. I would prefer a different hose routing on the 3.0, but I hacked something that works okay.
    I bought a Source 3L hydration bladder with a long insulated hose, and put the Osprey bite valve on it. Works great, but when looking at the Web site for Source they did not have that model on it now. Maybe like many other companies: New model every year.
    https://sourcetacticalgear.com/10-ta...ration-systems
    errare humanum est

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12