mtbr member
    Dec 2008

'Webzine' for bikepackers

Name:  http-trails-tours.jpeg
Views: 858
Size:  22.8 KB

I've started a new webzine for bikepackers - well, I call it a 'webzine' and it's not a blog, but I'm not really sure which genre it belongs to.

But take a look and you'll probably get the picture:

Trails and Tours

If can think of ways of improving it, go the the comments page and give me your input or jot your ideas down here. I would be very grateful.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    ... as I said over on bikepacking.net, I'm open to suggestions if anyone thinks a blog or article ought to be mentioned on the site.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I have speeded up delivery of the webzine a lot now and installed some advanced search options (since there are some 80 articles up there already and people might want to use the site as a research base).

Most importantly: You can now post links to your own trip reports on Trails and Tours | Bikepacking and cycle travel - blog posts, live tweets, forum threads here, photo galleries etc. You can find the respective page in the top menu under Features -> Your trips and tips

At this moment, no one has posted a link yet. So be the first!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    There are well over 100 articles with links to hundreds of resources on the site now.

I have tried to make the research functionality (e.g. topical browsing features) a little more obvious, because relatively few people were using these. If you could take a look at some of the functions in the sidebar, I would appreciate your feedback.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I've just updated the site to include a section for adventure races. A few there already - and no doubt it will grow.

Additionally, there is now an explanatory page on navigation options: Using Trails and Tours | Trails and Tours

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I have added a few 'specials' under Features (in the top menu) - one for beginners, one for travel tips and one for trail skills. If you think anything else ought to be bundled similarly, please tell me.

Also, I'm looking for a good, global adventure race calendar to link to. Does anyone know of one?

mtbr member
    I like it! This is the first I've heard of Trans North Georgia Trail. Since I'm in Florida I'm going to try and plan a bikepacking trip when things start to warm up for the spring! I'm glad I checked out your webzine!
    The Gopher Tortise is my favorite critter.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wilburspud View Post
    I like it! This is the first I've heard of Trans North Georgia Trail. Since I'm in Florida I'm going to try and plan a bikepacking trip when things start to warm up for the spring! I'm glad I checked out your webzine!
    I'm thrilled you enjoyed it and discovered something new on the site. That's what it's there for! As time goes by, I hope to have plenty for everyone.