Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Uraltour Bags

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Uraltour Bags

Anyone have any info on these bags/company? Google not turning up much. Not a bad looking bag for the price. Also makes seat bags as well.

Uraltour Custom Frame Bike Bicycle Bag Tracking Number | eBay

Uraltour Cycling Bicycle Bike Saddle Packs Seat Bag Tracking Number | eBay

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    it is the company from Russia
    URALTOUR.COM -

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    me and some of the other guys over on UKFATBIKEs have some on order , we will update with a wee review once they arrive.

I figured for the cash they were worth a punt.

Got a 20" frame bag and a seat bag on their way

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail_rat View Post
    me and some of the other guys over on UKFATBIKEs have some on order , we will update with a wee review once they arrive.

I figured for the cash they were worth a punt.
    ^^That^^
    And i'm probably going to use the seatbag only a few times a year, so i dont want to spend to much on it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Also ordered a seatpack to see what they're like (for the money)

mtbr member
    So I realize I will look like a shill due to a very low post count, but I figure I should reply because I just received my uraltours frame bag. He shipped it almost immediately (to the point I was suspicious, this being a custom bag) but it took over a month between Russian Post saying 'shipped to US' and me receiving it.

It fits my Salsa Fargo XL perfectly. I asked for a reflective strip and two compartments separated horizontally with a velcro divider, and it's exactly what I requested. I don't have a fancy one for comparison, but I imagine this is not nearly as nice as the fancy ones. It doesn't have YKK zippers, it doesn't have flaps over the zips to keep out water, etc, but I'm sure he'd do that if requested.

Based on this unit, I'll be buying more from him. If I were going on the GDR, I'd probably have everything done custom with custom materials and custom compartments and all that jazz. For my light bikecamping needs, this bag is more than enough.

Pros: Amazing price and very quick turnaround. Product is exactly what I requested. Good quality, very nice stitching and cutting, nicely finished edges even on the velcro straps. Looks to be quite durable. He was very good about confirming every detail via email. Sent photos of finished unit and packaging, sent tracking #.
    Cons: Slow international postal service. Wish I had requested a third downtube strap. Wonder about zipper quality, but have no basis for concern other than unrecognized brand.

mtbr member
    It does look worth a punt. Did anyone get their seat bags yet?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I am curious about this operation as well. I communicated with him/them briefly with a question but wasn't ready to pull the trigger. But he was very prompt in his reply. And the prices are great! Considering a seatbag...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I ordered and received his seat bag, and I am quite impressed with it. No frills, bells, or whistles, just a simple nice bag in a heavy duty fabric (won't win an weight weenies awards). Fits my bike well and seems to carry a load well, although I have not given it a good test yet. Comes with a rain cover as well. Stitching and seam work is top notch.

Took a long while to get here (30+ days) but communication was great and the cost can't be beat.

I recommend him, and probably will order some more gear. Just be prepared to wait a bit on the delivery.

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybagadonuts View Post
    I ordered and received his seat bag...... bla,bla,bla....
    Exactly what Jimmy said.
    And for 1/4 of the price (EU prices) of a Revelate Designs Viscacha, i think it's a great deal if you only have to use it a few times a year.

mtbr member

Good job!

http://i.imgur.com/iLgjW5t.jpg
    i just recived a full set of bags from ural...
    nothing but praise at how they can produce custom bags at that price
    id get in quick if you are after some good bags at damn cheap prices cause i dare say they will go up in price
    Josh

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    Nice set !
    Can you show and tell a bit more about the handlebar harness ?

mtbr member
    it has 2 straps over the bars and then another strap that i guess goes around the stem?
    im still not 100% sure and havent really tired that hard to sort it out, the mounting of the handlebar bag is prob the only thing that may be an issue for me
    Josh

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    Maybe you can post some pics ?
    Some are attached to the crown of the fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I've just ordered a seatbag based on this thread - i'll let you know my thoughts once received.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Experience with Uraltour

I too just pulled the trigger for a four bag set.....before I thought to check here for reviews. Glad to see the responses are positive. "Mike" at Uraltour has been very responsive to me too....just let me know the bags will be done in four days. Keep in mind that the top tube bag, the frame bag and handle bar bag are custom made.....to ANY dimension you want....height or width. Very cool....these are not cookie cutter bags. I was nervous at first....thought that I might be throwing money away on a scam.....but feel much better now. I also googled Perma, Russia and read up on the city....very interesting.....dang....it's cold here in winter, but nothing like Perma Russia. These people are obviously pros when it comes to living and working in frigid temperatures.
    Will post a follow up when the bags arrive.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rshauvin View Post
    I too just pulled the trigger for a four bag set.....before I thought to check here for reviews. Glad to see the responses are positive. "Mike" at Uraltour has been very responsive to me too....just let me know the bags will be done in four days. Keep in mind that the top tube bag, the frame bag and handle bar bag are custom made.....to ANY dimension you want....height or width. Very cool....these are not cookie cutter bags. I was nervous at first....thought that I might be throwing money away on a scam.....but feel much better now. I also googled Perma, Russia and read up on the city....very interesting.....dang....it's cold here in winter, but nothing like Perma Russia. These people are obviously pros when it comes to living and working in frigid temperatures.
    Will post a follow up when the bags arrive.
    I am having trouble finding an email address for these guys, any help would be awesome!

mtbr member
    terminator84@yandex.ru
    that will get u in contact
    Josh

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by emp? View Post
    terminator84@yandex.ru
    that will get u in contact
    Thanks Josh!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Heya, can anyone that has bought some of these comment on the quality. Tons of people said they ordered and would give a review, but havn't.

Close to pulling the trigger on a seat bag, and maybe a handlebar bag from there guys. Looks like its a toss up between them and Wildcat gear. The Uraltour stuff is significantly cheaper, and maybe not as user friendly, but its less than half the cost.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The quality is good on my seat pack, especially for the process. My only criticism is the type of buckles and clips used make it quite difficult to synch up tight as to get them right you have to adjust before clipping the buckles together.

Also the Velcro tag to go round the seat post is far too long meaning the two sides of the Velcro don't meet each other As they pass by each other on my skinny seat post meaning I need to pad it slightly.

My wildcat bar harness let's me tighten up when it's all mounted to get it really tight (plus is uses better materials and is better made). But you pays your money you take your choice.

Just Ride!
    I purchased the Uraltour seat bag through eBay and received it in about 3 weeks time. It came in as advertised, and as you can imagine, you get what you pay for. For my setup, I feel like the bag does not taper in enough towards the seatpost. When it is packed, it tends to rub on the back of my legs when spinning. Also, the opening or mouth of the bag does not seem to be as large as the main body, so it is difficult to get packed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    How much vertical seat post is required for the seat bag, and are you using it on a 26 or 29er?

At $45 thats basically half the cost of any other comparable style seat bag.

They sell a full 4 piece kit with custom frame bag for $150 or so it appears on their site, thats quite literally the cost of most places custom frame bags alone. It makes it very tempting for me to get a full matching set at that low of a price.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    kustomz, have you contacted Mike @ Uraltour to voice your concerns? I know being on the other side of the world can sometimes make things difficult, but he has been very accessible and helpful to any questions I have had. Keep in mind that I have yep to purchase a single bag from him yet either. Might be worth a shot.

Just Ride!
    steveohio - I am using it on two different bikes an On-One Scandal 29er and a 700c steel framed gravel bike. I would think that you would need at least 250mm of exposed post to use one? But that is just a guess.

thestoutdog - I have not contacted them with any concerns, but would have thought a well designed and tested product, no matter the price level would have the bugs worked out already?

Here is a pic of the Uraltour bag with my bivi shelter and poles packed into it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uraltour Bags-2014-02-07_09-04-34_623.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast