Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    awesome stuff!
    having trouble with the garmin maps, all i get is a squiggly line at the start location and not really anything of the route. do you have another map or place where you uploaded it to? i would really like to see the route, is anyone else having the same problem?

Pirate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zzzwillzzz View Post
    awesome stuff!
    having trouble with the garmin maps, all i get is a squiggly line at the start location and not really anything of the route. do you have another map or place where you uploaded it to? i would really like to see the route, is anyone else having the same problem?
    I'm having the same problem too, I don't think the OP is still on MTBR, no recent activity, and I PMed him a week ago and never got a response.

ST HO
    Jul 2010

Great ride!

Nice adventure, write-up & photos! I travel for work through most of those areas...wild country. Thanks for posting.
    Planning on doing a portion of the ride in a few weeks. Anyone have any info on Sherwood Rd or from Ft. Bragg to Willits?
    Trip Report- 5 Days riding the Lost Coast and NorCal-big-loop-130miles.jpg

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jsheldon View Post
    Nice adventure, write-up & photos! I travel for work through most of those areas...wild country. Thanks for posting.
    Planning on doing a portion of the ride in a few weeks. Anyone have any info on Sherwood Rd or from Ft. Bragg to Willits?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big Loop 130miles.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	890216
    Just did Sherwood Road (to Ramsey Ridge) from 101 to Fort Bragg on Sunday as part of a mixed-terrain Reno->Fort Bragg trip. Road is in really nice shape.

Pirate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sashax View Post
    Just did Sherwood Road (to Ramsey Ridge) from 101 to Fort Bragg on Sunday as part of a mixed-terrain Reno->Fort Bragg trip. Road is in really nice shape.
    How long did it did take you to get from 101 to Fort Bragg? I'm considering Sherwood Rd. as part of a southbound leg this summer.

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    How long did it did take you to get from 101 to Fort Bragg? I'm considering Sherwood Rd. as part of a southbound leg this summer.
    Three and a half hours, looks like, including stops: Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Reno to Mendocino Day 4: Black Butte River->Fort Bragg near Covelo | Times and Records | Strava
    Keep in mind, though, that it was at the end of four hard days. The first part of the climb went very slowly for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    Thanks for the nice words! I had a sweet Garmin Connect map with the whole ride and all that stats but it's not working for me as well.

I did ride Sherwood Peak to get back to Willits. It was an awesome ride! Mellow fire road, with a few spectacular views near the peak. It took me a while, but I was fully loaded and feeling the distance by that point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2