I did my first bikepacking trip 2 weeks ago. 250 miles, mostly on dirt and sand. A splendid time... I learned...
1. Don't bring so much snack food if you will be near civilization each day. It's easier and more fun to just stop and pick a few things up.
2. Test your tire pump before you go, even if it's brand new.
3. Hammocks really are pretty dang comfortable... but you will want (more need really) an under quilt to stay warm. Anything below 65 degrees will feel freezing even with a winter sleeping bag.
4. Having a good water filter beats the heck out of carrying tons of water.
5. Dehydrated food tastes good... great when you are hungry.
6. Helicopter tape works great to prevent frame rub marks... but is a pain to get off.
7. It pays to be flexible and have good maps.
8. Phones can take decent enough pictures...
Images are clickable...
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »