mtbr member

tarps which one?

looking to pick up a new tarp and i have it narrowed down to two choices so if anyone has any thoughts or opinions on either one good or bad it would be much appreciated. the first is the oware flat tarp 3.5 and the other is the integral designs siltarp 2. this tarp will pull double duty i will use it for me and my daughter backpacking and as a single person shelter when i go bikepacking.
    surly karate monkey
    surly ogre

mtbr member
    I just won a six moon design tent, but maybe I should have gone with their wild oasis tarp

Someday I'll be able to buy the things I want new instead of hounding ebay and CL for deals.

mtbr member
    nothing wrong with finding good deals on craigslist and ebay if possible,
    anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on either of the two tarps im looking at. any plus or minuses to choose one over the other?
    surly karate monkey
    surly ogre

@adelorenzo
    I have a couple of the Integral Siltarps and am quite happy with them. I don't really know what else to tell you, considering they are both flat tarps I don't really know if there could be any major differences or not.

mtbr member
    No problem, thanks for the reply good to hear you are happy with the integral designs siltarps which is what I ended up ordering.Now I just got to get out there and try it out. Thanks Again
    surly karate monkey
    surly ogre

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I've had an 8x10' sil-nylon tarp for 13 years. Works great and don't see any reason to replace it. It's roomy, can be pitched lots of ways, and is very light. And it was cheap, even back then.

Big wheels keep on rollin
    I just got a Bearpaw Lair in Silnylon. Haven't tried it out on the trail yet but it sets up nice and tight. Made in the US too. Lair