Go make a difference

Sleeping bag on Mary bars

So I've searched a couple threads and this forum and not finding any results for how you guys are carrying bags on Mary Bars. If you are using those bars, please post a couple pictures of how you're attaching your sleeping bag or bar bag to it. I'm having some difficulty figuring this one out with how the cables run.

Thanks!
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    I don't have Mary Bars, but I made a sling with attachment straps that fit either side of the stem "head" were the bar attaches and one on strap attachs the "neck" of the stem. The sling has 3 other straps to hold my dry bag. I did have to run a new longer front brake cable to make everthing fit... I made the whole thing for about $15 bucks

Kev

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Sleeping with Mary

I use one of the relevate design pockets with straps with my Marys. I am able to fit my sleeping bag and down jacket in the dry bag. Works quite well and is stable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    When I did the Vapor Trail on my Pugsley, I put my sleeping bag and bivy in a compression stuff-sack, and slackened one of the straps enough to where I could fit on the bars, then tightened it. Worked like a charm. It was easy to access, easy to pack, and never came loose. I didn't even bother with a sling. I'm at work now, but I'll try and get a pic if I have one.