Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rigid fork options?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bikeny 
#1 ·
I have not seem much discussion on fork options for bikepacking. I am looking for a 100mm rigid fork around 470mm A-C with mounts for stuff. There are the obvious Surly and Salsa forks, but I was hoping to find something else. Are there any other options besides custom?

I would love a setup like Joe Cruz had done to his Pug fork with everything mounts on the back of the legs and water bottle mounts on the front. Looks like a really versatile setup.

So any other forks out there with at least one set of mounts for cages?

Thanks,
Mark

#2 ·
I have been very happy with both sets of Fargo forks I own. I have one on a KM I use for commuting and ADV touring and one on a GT Peace 9er bikepacking/MTB. They are durable, compliant, and well designed. Although they don't have as many mounts as they could I never find myself needing more.

#4 ·
More options are always good. There are always changes or improvements that can be done. How about a fork with more mounts? different materials(like the upcoming Salsa Firestarter carbon). Different length. Different offset. Room for bigger tires (like 29+) etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.