mtbr member

Ride the Divide is on Netflix Canada now...

Nothing special for US MTBRs, but the movie made it across the border on Netflix for us Cannucks...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Ride the Divide is on Netflix Canada now...

Yea it's one of my favorites. The sections in the middle when it's just nothing but gravel road for as far as the eye can see. It's just crazy.

Bill

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Picked it up on Amazon last night to check it out.. that's a pretty wild ride, and tbh, I would like to do it. Competively, ummm.. the judges might get tired of waiting for me at the finish line. ("Where is RandomGuy?" 2 months later.. "Ok, lets leave, he's probably dead somewhere".. The next year's Ride the Divide.. "Hi Mr. NewGuy.. i'm just some RandomGuy.. still trucking along the route")

mtbr member
    Reveal the Path is now on Canadian Netflix. I didn't like it as much as Ride the Divide, but given the sum total of bikepacking flicks out there it's worth a watch instead of 90210 Reloaded.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Reveal the Path is now on Canadian Netflix. I didn't like it as much as Ride the Divide, but given the sum total of bikepacking flicks out there it's worth a watch instead of 90210 Reloaded.
    Agreed, the divide was far better. Vic, you've ridden the Canadian section of the Divide trail right? A buddy and I are looking at riding it this summer but we've never done a multi day ride, can it be done in 4 days (non race speed)?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGDog View Post
    Agreed, the divide was far better. Vic, you've ridden the Canadian section of the Divide trail right? A buddy and I are looking at riding it this summer but we've never done a multi day ride, can it be done in 4 days (non race speed)?
    Can it be done in 4 days? = yes if you are reasonably fit.

Carrying a lightweight gear setup will help.

Keep in mind you need to get to the start and home from the finish which eats into a couple days.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thanks Vik. I guess we are in reasonable shape (ok, we are old) but I'd like to take the winter to train endurance. Luckily we are in Cowtown so popping out to Banff is nothing for us. Beyond that we are in the middle of figuring out the whole bike packing gear setup. It should be an epic trip and thanks for the insight.
    Geo

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I watched "Ride the Divide" last night on Nexflix and loved it!! My first exposure to the Divide ride was just a brief mention by Grant Petersen in relation to one his bicycle designs. Then, just a few weeks ago I found Salsa's "So Far To Go" video and was quite taken with the whole idea of this type riding. "Ride the Divide" puts the actual journey into much better perspective.

I'm just getting back into riding because I love it and my health is taking a turn for the worse (diseases of civilization....total reversible with lifestyle changes). I hope to eventually set a goal of doing SOME adventure ride, even if it's just a few day-long, fully supported adventure tour. I'm even seriously considering getting an Ogre to get a feel for that type of bike.