Cheesiest

Revelate Designs Pocket with Clips (sans harness)

I'm working on getting my bike setup for a few trips, but I want to keep the switchover as minimal as possible (one bike). I've been thinking of using the Revelate Designs Pocket for commuting with the Pocket Clips . It seems like it should work, but might be a bit floppy.

Anyone tried it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I used this set up with the the Sling, which I don't see on the Revelate site any longer, and a dry bag. I don't have a lot to compare it to, and have only been on a couple of trips, but it worked fine for me.
    Am I all zipped up?

Escaping the Dreary Confines

dirtbag
    I've used that exact set up (Pocket and clips) for the past year with an OR dry bag. The dry bag stays put after you cinch up the straps on the Pocket. The clips make removing the set-up easy for non-bikepacking riding.
    Amolan

Cheesiest
    Thanks for the replies. I've used the pocket with the sling, but not clips. Sounds like it's worth a try.

Caveman
    ok so the clips are for if you have something else strapped to the bars already and want the extra space / access that the pocket gives. Note that the pocket will sit a hair lower with the clips than when used with any of the other dedicated setups due to where the buckles mount. The pockets are not intended to be a stand alone bar bag (nothing else mounted). You could on your cruiser.. but it will flop around. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    I just got my pocket. I used it with my sweet roll and it worked really well. Using it on its own should only be for very light contents. On its own it is quite loose and floppy but I you use another homemade strap you can secure it very tightly. With other bags it is great though.